Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

longest without sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
since breaking up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago i havent slept with any one since, its not that i havent had the opportunities i just really dont want to ..

its weird cos i have quite a high sex drive and its not even that im in mourning over my ex cos, lets face it, he was a muppet

whats wrong with me ?

Comments

• Options
    Don't know really. I'd never turn down a fuck, unless the girl was really ugly or had an STD.

Seriously though, it may not be that you're mourning over him, but you're probably not over him completely and it just doesn't feel right...even if you aren't upset.

Give it a while and you'll be gagging for it. lol
  • Options
    Couple of years after my first time. I was too young when I lost mine.
  • Options
    Well in past experience, I've found it literally didn't feel right for me with someone else, after my ex, for a bit...maybe you're so used to how it feels sleeping with him, that it feels a bit weird knowing the next person you sleep with won't be him?

Just do it when you next have an opportunity that feels comfortable, I guess!

ETA: Oh..just realised you're asking how long we've been without too...9 MONTHS!!! :shocking: But was kind of worth it, because the first time after that felt amazing...:love:
  • Options
    7 weeks and that was towards the end of my last rel...put it right a week after finishing it :):naughty: Before that was about 4 weeks.
  • Options
    About 6 months.
  • Options
    About 6 months.

Six months ? wow i hope these weird feelings pass quicker than that ...

thanks for your advice everybody :)
  • Options
    4 years and... dododoooo... hmmm 6 months.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    4 years and... dododoooo... hmmm 6 months.

everybodys different :)
  • Options
    18 months - when i was married.
  • Options
    everybodys different :)

regarding the topic, this has a very bad connotation.

I lived in celibate, but not out of my own choice, but out of the choice of the girls around me.
  • Options
    Just over a year. After that it's about 2 months. The 2 months one was harder, because that was after I'd discovered the joy of GOOD sex :(.
  • Options
    I think it might be coming up to four weeks now, and that's the longest I have EVER gone. It's strange.

I think I would expire or disappear in a puff of sexually-frustrated smoke if I went a lot longer than this on a regular basis ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I think it might be coming up to four weeks now, and that's the longest I have EVER gone. It's strange.

I think I would expire or disappear in a puff of sexually-frustrated smoke if I went a lot longer than this on a regular basis ;)
    *MrG offers*
  • Options
    Fuck knows. Months probably.

And of course my self imposed celibacy at the beginning of the year which lasted oooh just under a month :rolleyes:
  • Options
    A few months I think. I've been a bit of a hussy but have settled down now I'm with someone normal-ish.
  • Options
    errrm after my first relationship.....about 6 months - sometimes it feels much longer though!!
  • Options
    just under 5 weeks. for 4 weeks of which i was in the process of splitting up with boyfriend and therefore didn't want to with him, but was still unable to with new guy who i'd fallen head over heels for. took 5 days after i had split up with my ex though - probably the longest 5 days of my life and a lot more painful than the entire preceding month :chin:
  • Options
    You know what they say about pringles- once you've popped you can't stop? Yeah.
  • Options
    5 months after finally saying "fuck off" to my "fuck buddy" after finding out what he'd been up to with other people :mad:

Then I had a 4 week break, then I would have to wait about 2 weeks between each time as me and my then boyfriend (now partner!) lived in our parents place in 2 different towns and it was shall we say erm.... short, sweet visits every other week but with both of us having 2 siblings & parents in the house ..I think I'll stop there :naughty:

Longest after that would be the 6 weeks post the birth of my daughter, but the first time after that was WOW! :hyper::naughty: Now I never seem to have to wait more than a week, 2 at the most and then only when one of us is ill :naughty::thumb:
  • Options
    Umm, about 3 1/2 years after the first time I had sex. Lets just say it wasn't the most pleasant experience in the world, and took a nice patient young man to persuade me that it might not always be that bad :) Having said that, I'm just talking about penetrative sex there, I was sexually active in other ways throughout that time :p
  • Options
    5 months after finally saying "fuck off" to my "fuck buddy" after finding out what he'd been up to with other people :mad:

Isn't that exactly what a "fuck buddy" is for? Wouldn't it otherwise be a "boyfriend" ?
  • Options
    Isn't that exactly what a "fuck buddy" is for? Wouldn't it otherwise be a "boyfriend" ?

:yes: What i was thinking. :yes:

Eeeer I think it must be just over a month - since I was 16.
  • Options

That's exactly what I thought!! :lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    It doesn't mean something is wrong with you because you don't feel like sex for a few weeks.

I have gone a long time without sex between boyfriends and it doesn't really bother me, there's more to life.

When you meet someone you click with you will soon get your sex drive back.

Katchika your pm box is full.
    Add me to your msn hun.
  • Options
    16 years, boom boom tish.

no really about 3 months and counting.
  • Options
    7 months and counting. As a friend decided to remind me the other day :|
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    from i was born till I lost my virginity

I was waiting for someone to say that!
  • Options
    I'm amazed it took three pages for someone to make the most obvious joke ever.

I guess the four months I was in Russia was probably the longest. Ecuador was broken up nicely when my (then) girlfriend came over a couple of times.
  • Options
    The longest i've been without sex since i was fifteen is 4 weeks.

But i was a bit of a hussy. And i've been in a number of long term relationships in that time as well.