Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wrist Tattoos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so ive got 2 tattoos already but i really want to get one done on my wrist, im just a bit nervous about it as i dont know how different the pains gonna be to those on my back. I just wondered if there was anyone that has a tattoo on their wrist and could give me a rough idea!
:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    it is gonna hurt sooo bad!
  • Options
    not me, but my mates got 1 on her back+1 on her wrist, and said the one on her back was far far worse. i really think its down to sensitivity of your skin in the certain area+your own pain threshold
  • Options
    yeh i know that... ive had two before. And i doubt you've got any so i don't know what your posting for
  • Options
    yeh i know that... ive had two before. And i doubt you've got any so i don't know what your posting for

Erm, you say you dont know how different the pains gonna be on your wrist compared to on your back, i try to help by telling you a friends personal opinion of the very issue YOU asked a question on.....and you come across all bitchy! WTF?
    i know i havent got any, i did say "not me, my mate...." so maybe read a persons replies properly before jumping??
  • Options
    not me, but my mates got 1 on her back+1 on her wrist, and said the one on her back was far far worse. i really think its down to sensitivity of your skin in the certain area+your own pain threshold
    thats what ive been hearing!
    ive got one at the very top of my shoulder blade, then one near the bottom of my back, but a bit higher.
    I managed both of those okay im just worried about my wrist because of the artery and that, i don't know if its gonna send pains up my arm or anything. I just thought id ask on here before i go into the tattoo parlour, i don't like going in completely clueless!
  • Options
    Erm, you say you dont know how different the pains gonna be on your wrist compared to on your back, i try to help by telling you a friends personal opinion of the very issue YOU asked a question on.....and you come across all bitchy! WTF?
    i know i havent got any, i did say "not me, my mate...." so maybe read a persons replies properly before jumping??

thats cos that wasn't meant for you, lol
    sorry!!
  • Options
    oh sorry, just jumped myself i guess! soz! she thought the same about the artery, but there are more nerves around your spine (due to the spinal chord, etc), so thats worse apparently
  • Options
    oh sorry, just jumped myself i guess! soz! she thought the same about the artery, but there are more nerves around your spine (due to the spinal chord, etc), so thats worse apparently
    thats okay... i thought after i posted it that it might have been as though it was aimed at you.

I had the one on my back further up than people usually have them, so it hurt a lot more.
    Its just the artery thing im worried about, cos i know people that have had like stars and hearts and stuff on like, the far edge underneath their wrist, but no one's has gone over the artery.
    The thing about the spinal cord makes sense though!
  • Options
    my mates goes over her atery+vein, its a heart type pattern, about the size of a 50p. The tattooist wouldnt do it if it wasnt safe+could potentially damage your vein/wotever!
  • Options
    i think you're right!
    thank you very much ...:)
  • Options
    na, i don't think you could handle the pain.
  • Options
    I'm contemplating a wrist tattoo at the moment. I just love the look of them.

Be sure to post a piccie when you do have it done! (Btw, what are you planning to have??)
  • Options
    I would like one on my wrist but I have skinny wrists and I'd be worried about the pain.
  • Options
    You probably don't want to hear this but I don't know a single person with a wrist tattoo who didn't hugely regret it (generally sooner rather than later).

I haven't heard awful things about the pain though, it can't be much worse than getting one on your ankle and that didn't hurt me one little bit :)
  • Options
    I suppose it's because you see it. You see your wrist all day every day, unless you're wearing gloves, so it's easy to get sick of seeing a tat. On your back, and you have to look in a mirror to see it, so the liklihood of you regretting it, is effectively less.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    You probably don't want to hear this but I don't know a single person with a wrist tattoo who didn't hugely regret it (generally sooner rather than later).
    Have they said why? I really want one, I've designed it but don't have the nerve for the pain!
  • Options
    My best friend has a wrist tattoo, and she said the pain wasnt so bad and i think it looks gorgeous...and shes got quite small hands too..
  • Options
    My cousin has hers on her wrist. It's quite detailed etc. so it took quite a while, but she said the pain was fine. She even said I'd be able to handle it, and since I'm a wimp (though I handle tattoos fine shockingly) that must mean it can't be that bad :)
  • Options
    I have on one my wrist, it's a northern star that I had done to remember someone by. Don't regret it at all and it didn't hurt and more or less than any other tattoo
  • Options
    i have one on my wrist. tis only a little group of stars and goes about 3 inches down from just below palm of my hand.
    when i got it done i was a chicken and got numbing cream and didnt feel a thing!! (so if youre a wuss like me then i recommend getting that done!!)

however, a week after i had it done, i wanted something added to it, so i went back to a tattoo place and DIDNT have numbing cream. and by god it hurt me like hell!!! i dont know if it was because i was more nervous or something but.. i wouldnt voluntarily get it done there again!

also before you get it done - think about future jobs and what theyll think about it. a job im going into the summer didnt like the fact that i had one there - hence the reason why theyve shoved me out of the public eye as a cook. NOT something that i wanted to happen, or would have happened if i hadnt have had the tat
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    i have one on my wrist. tis only a little group of stars and goes about 3 inches down from just below palm of my hand.
    when i got it done i was a chicken and got numbing cream and didnt feel a thing!! (so if youre a wuss like me then i recommend getting that done!!)

however, a week after i had it done, i wanted something added to it, so i went back to a tattoo place and DIDNT have numbing cream. and by god it hurt me like hell!!! i dont know if it was because i was more nervous or something but.. i wouldnt voluntarily get it done there again!

also before you get it done - think about future jobs and what theyll think about it. a job im going into the summer didnt like the fact that i had one there - hence the reason why theyve shoved me out of the public eye as a cook. NOT something that i wanted to happen, or would have happened if i hadnt have had the tat

I know what you mean, I do worry about future employers having issues. I'm sure that's some kind of discrimination though? Employers aren't supposed to discriminate on the grounds of you being a woman, or having a particular racial background... so why discriminate if you have tattoos?
  • Options
    I've got one, and i love it... don't regret it at all. Its the Ohm sign, and its all shaded down, looks really pretty, I think. It didn't really hurt at all, but I have a high pain threshold...
    It might hurt because the skin is quite tight and thin there, but its not as bad as ankles or spines or anything like that...

But think carefully about what you want to get because you will be looking at it every day