Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Health chat Thurs 26th April

2»

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey everyone - thanks for all your questions. Unfortunately we didn't have time to answer all the questions in this thread, so we will definitely have a follow-up.

As usual, the transcript will be available for all to read shortly.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Oh and just one more thing if you were someone who didn't get your question answered - then don't forget you can write to our advisors at askTheSite to get general health advice.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hellfire sorry to hear about the off, if it's still hurting 3 weeks later I would definately get a second opinion, worst case you could have done some damage that needs looking at, best case it's just bruising / whiplash left over kinda thing and needs a few painkillers.

Not that I'm a doctor :p
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    hellfire sorry to hear about the off, if it's still hurting 3 weeks later I would definately get a second opinion, worst case you could have done some damage that needs looking at, best case it's just bruising / whiplash left over kinda thing and needs a few painkillers.

Not that I'm a doctor :p
    yeah well it wasn't my fault,

2days in having the bike, breaks seized, callipers (sp) went, sized on and my front wheel stopped while the back kept going, did a couple of neat flips ;)

the local garage have the bike, break calliper is shot, the pads are gone and the disc break is gone, so much for being serviced recently. anyway the company i bought it from are ment to suply the parts n pick the bill up, but as of yet no parts have arrived and they've been dodging me, im not very happy.
  • Options
    You know you'd have a perfectly legitimate claim for injury compensation if you wanted to go down that route. Callipers seized on my big bike because I left it in the rain, then put it in the garage to rust for 6 months :). Guy who bought it wasn't fussed though.

But I've never ever heard of it happening spontaneously when the bike was well maintained, definately something dodgy. Glad you're still alive though! :)
  • Options
    heh, well maintained, the callipers were dirty as fuck, they told us before taking it to the garage to gently hit it with a rubber mallet, alot of crap fell off.
  • Options
    I forgot about this :(
  • Options
    me too :(
  • Options
    Given the popularity I think you'll get a chance in the future to see another chat with the good doc, as long as he's up for it...
  • Options
    Thanks Jim.