Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question about sex clinics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do they just test for sex infections or can they test for urinary tract infections too? And stuff like thrush?

If yes, will they give me treatment if i tested positive? Or just tell me to see a doctor

Comments

• Options
    dunno bout UTIs but I've been tested for thrush at one, i think.
  • Options
    Cheers

To me, it'd make sense for them to test for urinary infections too, as the symptoms can often be mistaken for an STI or whatever, but i thought i'd check and see if anyone knows.
  • Options
    Definately - as UTIs can often be what people have when they think they have an STI - they can also provide medication for treatment.
  • Options
    Ooh thank you muchly Jim V

I dont have to register with a doctor then :yippe:
  • Options
    Don't forget you can also phone up and visit a doctor as a visiting patient if you've moved - although of course it's always a good idea to get registered.
  • Options
    Id much rather go to a clinic to be honest, as they're expecting me to be going about my genitals!
  • Options
    GUM clinic-Genito-URINARY so yeah-covers both.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    Do they just test for sex infections or can they test for urinary tract infections too? And stuff like thrush?

If yes, will they give me treatment if i tested positive? Or just tell me to see a doctor

If you get thrush treatment from an sexual health clinic then it's free :thumb: