Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am i nutts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need help like seriously.. is there something wrong with me. I meet a guy I like who’s pretty much perfect and I have to find something wrong with him. I look him over and try to find soemthing that well creep me out. I try and tell myself woo l don’t mess this up just take it easy then I mess it up and act like a crazy bitch

I find a guy and like and for once I’m not trying to be crazy but then he turns into a psycho, saying things like your the one etc.. constantly after like one date!???

The only guy I fall for are the ones that I know that I wont have a future with I tell myself don’t fall but it doesn’t help then I fall for them and they end up hating me and it takes me an age to get over

I moan, oh why cant I find a guy who sees me for who I am and that I feel comfortable with, when that happens a mess it up cos I think its to good to be true. Be honest do you think I need help? aargggggggggggghh

Comments

• Options
    Its like a self protection thing i think.

I do similar- soon as i guy is worth knowing, i'm finding tiny little faults that probably dont exist BUT could be a problem. That way i dont get too attached cos im too busy critising over those things. Then however attached he gets, you think "im not that interested". So then ur not hurt if any thing does go wrong..
    Or even to stop myself gettin hurt, making him not want me so much by doing things which are horrible to him, or just generally annoying lol

Maybe not the same thinkin totally, but something similar.

You could just be quite fussy too lol I kno i am! But dont worry too much, its just about finding the right person and none of those thoughts will enter your head!!
  • Options
    Ahhh, I get like this.

It probably is a mechanism to stop yourself getting hurt. I had doubts over this girl for the most silly things, and because I was getting a lot of resentment and bitterness from my friends over her (didn't seem to want me to be happy for some reason) I thought it was all wrong and I should just pack her in. Once things stepped up a gear and I let myself go a little bit, things were great and none of the little things or bitterness from others matters at all.

Key is definetley chilling out and letting yourself take the plunge.
  • Options
    AB2404 wrote: »
    you think "im not that interested". So then ur not hurt if any thing does go wrong..
    Or even to stop myself gettin hurt, making him not want me so much by doing things which are horrible to him, or just generally annoying lol

I do this all the time. The last guy I dated, so did that, I knew what I was doing but I just couldn't help myself. Now I'm kinda seeing someone and I just wanna run a mile. I'm trying so to chill out and not freak out or be mean.