Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Curling your hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have tried to curl my hair with my ghds but i cant seem to get it to work like some people can!
Is it easier with proper curling tongs?
Whats the best method? And how the hell do you do the back of your head?
Sorry! lots of questions!

Comments

• Options
    As someone who has naturally curly hair, I can only say it's a pain in the arse LOL
  • Options
    i actually had my hair permed but vecro rollers over night work...or curling tongs...and use good moose!
  • Options
    I curl my hair by... washing it. lol. sorry. no advice coz I have tight ringlet/afro hair. Have you tried washing it at night and plaiting it, then taking the plaits out in the morning? It doesn't make ringlets but waves or crimps depending on how small the plaits are.
  • Options
    My hair's past my boobs (and halfway down my back) and I manage to use the tongs on it. It's quite easy really, when you get the hang of it.

I usually hold the tongs open with one hand, then wind the hair round it with the other, keeping the tongs in the same position (rather than winding the tongs around the hair) then closing the tong on the hair. That way the hair fits all the way up the tong without falling off the end.

I still can't for the life of me figure out how to curl using GHD's. I'm not too keen on the idea either tbh, as they're so much hotter than tongs.