Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Creativity and mental illness

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nutter wrote: »
    why did your friend like to think she was mentally ill..?

she's a goth and thinks that schitzophrenia is cool because her bf likes to think he has it (he's just as bad) and that it's sexy. She wants to work in a mental hospital too. It's quite insulting tbh.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    she's a goth and thinks that schitzophrenia is cool because her bf likes to think he has it (he's just as bad) and that it's sexy. She wants to work in a mental hospital too. It's quite insulting tbh.

oh ok.. O_o

whatever floats her boat...
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »

She probably think schizophrenia is split personality or some shit.

It's a bollocks notion though that mentally ill people are creative. Mental health covers such a wide range of issues it's just plain stupid to come up with such a notion.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    She probably think schizophrenia is split personality or some shit.
    i think she does actually - it's what her bf reckons he's got :rolleyes: i just let it go over my head
  • Options
    It's a bollocks notion though that mentally ill people are creative. Mental health covers such a wide range of issues it's just plain stupid to come up with such a notion.[/QUOTE]

yeah..thanks..:rolleyes:

was just making conversation...
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    yeah..thanks..:rolleyes:

was just making conversation...

Wasn't saying nothing personally about you. Might wanna get that chip off your shoulder.
  • Options
    >_<
  • Options
    I've had bad mental health problems and was/am very good at music passing my grade 8 at 15. For me there is a link because I use music as an escape from my problems and find that it soothes me. Might not be for everyone. Would be interesting to do a study into this