Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bio Oil

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does it really work?

My sister wants to know if it is worth her using it now (early on in pregnancy) and for the next 7/8 months - has anyone tried it?

Comments

• Options
    I've heard only good things about it. I'm pregnant and i'm currently using it on my tummy, thighs and boobs. I worried it would be too oily and take ages to absorb, but so far so good! I like it better then cocoa butter (i use bio oil on Si scars also). The only trouble is it's quite expensive, but it was on sale in Boots last week, so i stocked up :)
  • Options
    My mate used it during her pregnancy, said it was good.
  • Options
    I got some a while back and useed it everyday and it made no difference, but maybe I was using it too late..But still I dont think i'd try it again.
  • Options
    I used it for a scar last year - dunno if it made a difference or not but I think I read skin heals better when it's kept moist - oh and the ultimate proof og that is babies operated in the womb are born with no scar where they were operated on and they're surrounded by liquid.

Won't do any harm I'd say.
  • Options
    i know a lot of people swear by it
  • Options
    I tried it on the two scars on my wrist (i had pins inserted after a nasty accident). It didn't seem to work though :no:
  • Options
    I used it for a scar last year - dunno if it made a difference or not but I think I read skin heals better when it's kept moist - oh and the ultimate proof og that is babies operated in the womb are born with no scar where they were operated on and they're surrounded by liquid.

Won't do any harm I'd say.

eh? explain?
  • Options
    Are'nt Saabs powered by bio oil.