Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Favourite Alcoholic Drinkies

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote: »
    Do you prnounce that like the initials? Or is it more like wicked or what...

I always pronounce it wicked, but I have been given strange looks by bar staff in the past. Why did I ever drink that stuff though, can't stand the sickly sweet flavour any more.
  • Options
    G and T. I don't care if it makes me seem ancient; it tastes soo much better that all that other shit that I used to drink. I'm also partial to the odd bottle of cider or lager too.

ETA: by G I mean something nice like Bombay Sapphire rather than just corner shop shite although I'll drink that if there's nothing else.
  • Options
    Depends where i am.
    Pub-larger and lime coz im usually driving back.

Recently split with other half but he was a big Vodka fan where as it used to just make me sick, but he's trained me in the art of vodka consumption. So its 1/4pint Vodka and diet dandilion and burdock preferrably, but diet coke, cherryade, limeade-anything will do!
    Dont like wine but can manage a nice rose, Jacobs Creek White Grenache

Going out- Malibu and coke, archers/taboo and lemonade, maybe the odd Breezer/Archers Aqua/VK(peach,raspberry or apple only!). I alternate drinks coz there all very sweet and too sickly.
  • Options
    Whisky/Whiskey. Usually good ol' reliable Jack at clubs though as alot do it for £1.50 + mixer. Also crazy imported beer. Kinda pricey but so much tastier than the usual (mostly undrinkable) pisswater like Fosters. Paulaner Hefe-Weizen and Schofferhofer Hefe-Weizen are prolly my two fav's.

Oh, and of course, the one and only Jagermeister.
  • Options
    Expensive Wine

Cheap wine

Scotch Whisky > Irish Whisky

G with a splash of T

Armenac > Calvados > Cognac

Bourbon

Vodka with ice

None of that syrupy slurpy crap in my drinks (except obviously for Malibu which is a holiday in a bottle!)
  • Options
    Vodka is the only spirit I like straight, but I'm quite particular about what type. Can't stand any of that regular stuff. Oh and I enjoy the traditional Polish vodka and apple juice too.

I usually drink lager tbh, but I also like the odd vodka and coke after a while or if I'd rather not have a hangover the next day.

But I bought some Pimms Winter the other day (£6 down from £12 in Tesco) and found that it tastes great with 7up, even though it says on the bottle that it's best served with warm apple juice (which I'll be trying soon).
  • Options
    Usually cider, sort of going off Magners now though and more towards the Strongbow side of things. Got a couple of creates of Miller in the house, and I'll maybe have a couple of pints of Tennent's if I'm out.

Not too good with my spirits though, only ever have shots of whisky and even that's when I'm wanting to get ratted really quick. I'm not able to touch Morgan's cause I got wasted on that once and the next day was the worst hangover of my entire life. Alcopops are good for straw-pedoing and showing off.

Wine is OK, usually get a bit of a gob on me though.
  • Options

• Options
    my current favourite drink is amaretto! could drink it all day! i like it on its own with ice or with diet coke! :yum:
  • Options
    vodka, lime and soda water and passoa (sp?) with pineapple juice or lemonade...nomnomnom :yum:

I found a new fab black mixed berry vodka that is just so tasty!
  • Options
    Vodka and Lemonade

Vodka and Coke

Southern Comfort and Lemonade
    - 2 of these straight down all in one gets me drunk.

Bulmers Light

Aftershock There is another one like this one but can't remember the name lol

Used to drink Guinness, but have gone off it.
  • Options
    2007 guys... 2007...

And if I drink it's always vodka and pepsi, that kinda chavvy childish drink. I'd drink WKD but I can't. I hardly drink though if im honest. Only at parties.
    Xx
  • Options
    Red Wine, for health reasons and taste... jesus, why not? gotta be careful though, it is deceivingly strong, gotta tka eit steady, it's too be sniffed and sipped HEHE
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    yeah but in five years, we'll have moved onto red wine, apparantly! my friends tell me that we I turn thirty, I'll be drinking red- dun believe it though.

Very funny. I'm much closer to thirty now and, guess what -I now drink red wine!
  • Options
    Ohh god had white rum the other day. Never again! Haha it was gross.
    Xx
  • Options
    Lagers: Chang, Stella, Grolsch, Asahi, XXXX Bitter, Oranjeboom, Fosters, Tooheys Extra Dry, Hofbrau Extra Cold or Cobra.

Bitters: Harveys Sussex Best, Harveys Bonfire Boy (Local beers).

Spirits: Bundaberg Rum and Coke, Famous Grouse and Coke, Jack Daniels and Coke, Żubrówka Bison grass Vodka with Apple juice.