Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

given up fags

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
given up fags today and im 100% determinded to quit for good, no screwing around now, its gonna be done!!

any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Well done :thumb:
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    given up fags today and im 100% determinded to quit for good, no screwing around now, its gonna be done!!

any tips?

Don't buy any fags! :thumb:
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »

any tips?

Well done!

I gave up over three years ago and haven't looked back.

My tips?

Every day stick £5 in a jar (Assuming you smoked 20 a day). That way at the end of the week you'll have £35 in a jar. Take that cash and go out and buy yourself something new. That way you are seeing something physical for your efforts. That was my big mistake the 1st time I quit. I never seen any financial gain and thought it was a waste of time quitting.

Second tip? Continue to go out with your smoking buddies for a while when they leave the office for a sneaky ciggie. That way you don't lose out on the social aspect of it either. And as you lose the need for the nicotine you can then ween yourself off the "fag breaks".

Good luck!