Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need a boost

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been feeling really down lately, for no specific reason. There's been a few stressful things going on in my personal life, but nothing I couldn't handle normally. I just feel really apathetic and down. Like I'm carrying around a huge weight with me and I just can't shake it off.

I know I'm not depressed, it's not that bad, but I just feel like I really need a boost and to cheer the hell up! I was thinking is there anything I could do health-wise, rather than just mentally, to pull myself out of it.

Sorry it's a bit vague. Is there any kind of mild anti-depressant out there, or herbal remedies?

Comments

• Options
    I've been feeling really down lately, for no specific reason. There's been a few stressful things going on in my personal life, but nothing I couldn't handle normally. I just feel really apathetic and down. Like I'm carrying around a huge weight with me and I just can't shake it off.

I know I'm not depressed, it's not that bad, but I just feel like I really need a boost and to cheer the hell up! I was thinking is there anything I could do health-wise, rather than just mentally, to pull myself out of it.

Sorry it's a bit vague. Is there any kind of mild anti-depressant out there, or herbal remedies?

Exercise. Seriously.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Exercise. Seriously.

Thats what I was thinking! Sometimes people just feel down and need a good cry, so its always good to stock up on the weepy films so you can have a good cry and get it out of your system!
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Exercise. Seriously.

:yes:

Doesn't have to be particularly intense, either. Something a simple as going for walks would probably have the desired effect. Blow out the cobwebs and all that.

I think it can also help to learn a new sport or active type hobby, cause it gives you a focus away from everything being shit. I took up riding after a long break when I was feeling mildly and vaguely depressed, and as well as giving me a good workout and getting all the happy exercise hormones pumping, it gave me goals, a sense of achievement and something to get my teeth into away from all the shite that was happening at home. I wouldn't say it solved everything, but it gave me a much needed boost once or twice a week, and the fitter I got, the stronger I felt, and the more easily I was able to deal with my problems.