Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunbed Vs Fake Tan

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    You only need 10 mins sun a day for your vitamin D allowance - long term usage causes premature aging - around 70% of aging is down to sun/uv damage. So even if you are using it for short periods of time and not burning it is still causing significant damage to your skin.

Price I'll have to pay I guess for not being an indoor hermit :razz:
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    haha you don't use sunbeds do you oldy?

Nah, it just really annoys me how (girls, mainly) drone on and on about sunbeds, yet spend pretty much the entire summer sunbathing thinking somehow that's more safe.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Price I'll have to pay I guess for not being an indoor hermit :razz:

Nah, it just really annoys me how (girls, mainly) drone on and on about sunbeds, yet spend pretty much the entire summer sunbathing thinking somehow that's more safe.

Think most of them probably use suncream in the sun and are told not to on sunbeds though... might account for some of it.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Think most of them probably use suncream in the sun and are told not to on sunbeds though... might account for some of it.

I don't know anyone that uses suncream in Britain (at least not here in Scotland) unless they're ginger.
  • Options
    I don't know anyone that uses suncream in Britain (at least not here in Scotland) unless they're ginger.

You probably do without knowing it- a lot of make up/moisturiser actually has a SPF included :)

But yeah, here in Scotland its only sunny when I've got exams- I'm convinced when I finish next week the rain is going to return :impissed:
  • Options
    well ur not there for most people's beauty regime and it's hardly something that gets announced :p