Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

back of throat hurts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i think i am getting tonsellitus (sp) again is there any way i can stop it?

Comments

• Options
    Are you sure it's that and not just a cold/flu coming on. I've had a sore throat for a couple of days too... Started like a tight feeling at the top of the throat/back of mouth... and it's now started that sand-paper feeling where it makes you feel sick when you swallow spit; but you have to keep doing it to try and sooth it. :(
    Also got a bloody runny nose.

Don't feel particularly ill though otherwise... Are you feeling proper ill?

Drink lots of water; have vitamin C, Zinc and ecinacia (not sure of the spelling). Not sure you can really avoid it if you're gunna get ill. :no:
  • Options
    Nooo ! I dont want to be ill for this weekend. I always get a weird cold when its sunny and warm.

My nose is really runny at the moment i feel fine but it comes in weird bursts like my throat feels a bit better now.

Cheers for your advice i will be drinking lots of orange juice later. :)
  • Options
    Sounds like we're suffering from the same bug chuck. Hope your throats better soon anyways.... mine sort of comes and goes too, but always vaguely there.

I don't think you'll get tonsilitus though, sounds like your average cold... just be careful to rest up and stuff so you don't go down hill any more. :)
  • Options
    I had a sore throat and Budda recommended me something beginning with a D. Like strepsils, but they actually work. I can't remember the name now though, so maybe someone else does?
  • Options
    I had a sore throat and Budda recommended me something beginning with a D. Like strepsils, but they actually work. I can't remember the name now though, so maybe someone else does?

I had to have strepsils yesterday.... They work while you're sucking them and for about a minute afterwards, but then the soreness just comes back. :(

I'm all for soothers, me. :)
  • Options
    soothers work wonders ..:thumb:

rest up drink plenty ,and hopefully it wont end up any worse than a common cold..:yes: :)
  • Options
    Could it be hayfever? Have you tried gargling salt water? Also when my glands are up it makes my throat sore and makes me feel like i have symptoms of tonsillitis, but taking nurophen to reduce the swelling make me feel a lot better. There is Strepsils with anesthetic in which are great for numbing the back of your throat.
  • Options
    honey - eat it