Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Songs that bring back memories

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Snow Patrol's Final Straw album reminds me of travelling up to Shropshire with my mum and our old dog, as well as Athlete's Vehicles and Animals album, and Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine.

Manic Street Preachers' This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours reminds me of when we used to travel around Shropshire singing at the top of our voices, and also James' Laid.

Ah, ze memories XD.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Did they have a black lead singer, or am I thinking of the wrong band?

And more importantly, Hazelhead or Duthie Park ? :razz:

Correct. And it was the Denman park. I'll leave it to you to work that out! :razz:
  • Options
    I remember we went down to Glasgow to visit my Gran on Boxing Day. Drove down that morning. When we got there there was no answer at my Grans so we had to go round to my Uncles to get keys to get in. We found my Gran dead on the living room floor from a heart attack/stroke. She had died the night before on her way to bed. The only thing I can remember from that moment on till I got home was driving up the road and Robbie Williams Angels was on the radio.

Still fills me up when I hear it.
  • Options
    I remember we went down to Glasgow to visit my Gran on Boxing Day. Drove down that morning. When we got there there was no answer at my Grans so we had to go round to my Uncles to get keys to get in. We found my Gran dead on the living room floor from a heart attack/stroke. She had died the night before on her way to bed. The only thing I can remember from that moment on till I got home was driving up the road and Robbie Williams Angels was on the radio.

Still fills me up when I hear it.

:crying: That's so sad. I know what you mean though, the first song I heard after losing someone very dear to me was Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I can't listen to it without crying now. On a happier note, Another Chance by Rodger Sanchez, Girl From Mars by Ash and Roses by Outkast remind me of some wicked summers. And Dakota by the Stereophonics reminds me of my driving lessons, its all we ever listened to. What a tune.