Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Any twists on typical school uniform?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My work does a theme night and this month I wanted to do something a bit different other than typical skirt, tie, blouse thing. I was thinking maybe going as GoGo from kill bill, if I could find a mace in a costume shop.

Apart from that, any other twists on school uniform? We've had the male staff dress up as women and a few nutty professors but any input would be greatly appreciated, ta! :heart:

Comments

• Options
    One of the school kids from Battle Royale? GoGo from Kill Bill was in that, too.
  • Options
    Good thinkin lincoln I like it. How would I differentiate their uniforms though from just an ordinary one? (Had a look on google images, apart from the weapons no real difference)
  • Options
    Well, they had beige-y conservative looking blazers (I don't think I've ever seen a beige blazer with matching skirt/trousers as part of a school uniform in this country), as well as a maroon tie. Later on in the film the outfits are covered in mud/blood, as well as the students themselves. Bit of smudged eyeliner on the face as well as red syrup/whatever on the outfit should do the trick.

Although if you still think people wouldn't get it, you could always get a BR patch for the sleeve/breast pocket :razz:
  • Options
    I wore an official Harry Potter tie once, but only because that's all they had in the costume shop. I did see a couple of Harry Potters though. But yeah, if you can get hold of a famous school uniform, like Grange Hill, then do that.