Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Men in Makeup

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Klever wrote: »
    I get that it draws attention. I love going to certain clubs with it because it draws a lot of very welcome attention, and if they are polite about it I'll happily explain why it's there and what it's about. It's just people who have a moan about it and will pick on people for it. It makesa no sense to me, just because they are a bit diffferent to the norm.

or maybe it's just because they think it looks shit.
  • Options
    it's one thing to express an opinion that you think it looks awful, it's another to start getting violent and aggressive over it.
  • Options
    it's one thing to express an opinion that you think it looks awful, it's another to start getting violent and aggressive over it.

so, someone has been violent towards you because you've painted your face? you're obviously going out to the wrong places dude, if you're encountering people who would start a fight over something so trivial and stupid.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    so, someone has been violent towards you because you've painted your face? you're obviously going out to the wrong places dude, if you're encountering people who would start a fight over something so trivial and stupid.

You've obviously never been to Glasgow much :razz: Random neds on trains/buses/streets try to start shit with me because of how I dress, even although there isn't that much different about it.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    You've obviously never been to Glasgow much :razz: Random neds on trains/buses/streets try to start shit with me because of how I dress, even although there isn't that much different about it.

Aye, Glasgow neds on buses are whole different kettle of fish. This guy says it happens him in the clubs he goes to, so he's obviously going to schemey neddy places, somehwere like Archaos in Glasgow. :razz:
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    This guy says it happens him in the clubs he goes to, so he's obviously going to schemey neddy places, somehwere like Archaos in Glasgow. :razz:

I said I get welcome attention in the clubs I go to. Why would I want to go to some crap neddy place? particularly if I have make up on?

I meant when you're out on the streets.
  • Options
    I said I get welcome attention in the clubs I go to. Why would I want to go to some crap neddy place? particularly if I have make up on?

I meant when you're out on the streets.

well neds will be neds, on the street.

i've been started on for not having a cigarette to offer to a ned, or simply for being a student.

dickheads will use any excuse at all.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If you're a bloke wearing make up you open yourself up to some grief. I would certainly take the piss.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i thought this thread would be about "i wear foundation, am i still masculine?".....

the only problem i have with guys in make up is the stupid emo kids with the red eyeliner/red eye shadow thing....does nothing for anyone i think. you look like you havent slept in six months.

Ive got mates who paint themselves up in all manner of ways and ive dabbled before (its not my usual thing but i look fuckin irresistable in black eyeliner).

....and if anyone on the street gives you shit, give them the finger. fuck em.