Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Charged with GBH - what to expect?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Makoto wrote: »
    You should tell the court that your under emotional stress and your depressed and you cannot help but hate the way you feel about your life at the moment so you use the beer as a release and the other night everything came to a head. You know, lay it on thick, give em a sob story.

The judge doesn't want to see you blame it on the drink tho, he wants to see you hang your head in shame and apologise.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Violent Disorder's pretty serious and a custodial sentance is the norm on conviction I was told. That had me shitting it, especially when I was up for a charge of Criminal Damage at the same time. That got dropped on the day though. Going into court think you may not be leaving as a free man was one of the worst experience of my life.

I hadn't been in any 'seriuous' trouble with the old bill before - a couple of cautions and that was it, and that's why I probably didn't get any bird.

The fact that you've done CS twice before makes me think you will get a little time for this. A mate of mine did 3 of a 6 month sentance last year for GBH and that was his first offence. It'll come down to the judge on the day.

Good luck anyway matey. Try and keep out trouble. :thumb:

It's still weeks away for me and you're right I am shitting it. Just find it hard to think that I could end up in prison and all the grief that goes with that. It's so hard just to think about that. I know the CS from before looks bad but I can't do anything about that. If your mate got 6 months for a first offence I have no chance.

You might know if it would be Young Offenders or not? Somebody else said it would definitely be prison not YOI. Heard that 18-21 was Young Offenders. I know it doesn't make too much difference but just wondering. I'll be 20 then.
  • Options
    i don't mean to be judgemental but you've clearly had problems in the past and the CS doesn't seem to have helped so you're not giving the judge much choice are you? obviously it depends on the circumstances but whatever happens i hope you won't be so stupid to do it again, i spoke with the guy who bottled me a few days ago down the nick and told him what a fucking idiot he was, if i'd gone ahead and pressed charges he'd be in a cell for a long time and i don't know if that would be such a bad thing........my step-brother's managed to avoid jail despite several court appearances for GBH/ABH and that includes knifing someone so who knows you might be lucky, but some people only learn the hard way, so if it's a bit of prison time or ending up in a gutter a few months down the line maybe the first choice isn't such a bad option.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Paul50 wrote: »
    You might know if it would be Young Offenders or not? Somebody else said it would definitely be prison not YOI. Heard that 18-21 was Young Offenders. I know it doesn't make too much difference but just wondering. I'll be 20 then.

To be honets I don't know though I would have thought you too old for the YOI.
    I've lmates who done bird for things such as drugs, death by dangerous driving, assualt etc. They've all come out ok, though none have said it was easy.

It's harsh that a simple fight can lead to the loss of your freedom but that's the chance you take. I've been fortunate when I've got in trouble and in fights. If you get caught using a bottle though, you have to expect the worst. I can see situations were that would occur but the fat cunts sitting in court won't.

Again good luck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    GBH- with intent.

i thought i write this to find out what my chances are,anyways i went to a nightclub to help some friends (managers of the club)to move their gear out as they were moving on,so when we finished they got me a couple of beers,whilst drinking the owner appeared.(we do not get on)anyway he has been winding me over some time now for bout 3 yrs now,anyhow he tried to threaten me so i tried to walk away and as soon as i turned my back he walked towards me threatening to do me so i turned and punched him straight in the face and walked out of the club,so i later i get nicked they have it on cctv and NO witnesses :) (medical reports i broke his cheek bone) so i gotta go back to cop shop for a reinterview i need to no wot will happen to me will they release me or charge me?p.s i dunno if this makes a difference but i was cautioned for abh and not gbh with intent can i use that against them?
  • Options
    Hi Pevs,

Just to say you might want to repost this as a new thread - this one is over a year old. Anyway, I''ll leave it see if anyone does respond but you might get more people replying with a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.