Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what ya think of emo moshers and goths

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote: »
    Diary of an Emo

:lol:

There's a bloke who works in River Island in Glasgow that's so emo it's not even funny. Well actually, it is funny.

Never thought I'd say this, but I actually find neds the least annoying of the sterotypical groups in this thread. Sure they're neds, but at least they don't give a fuck and can be good banter when you're pished in the kebab shop after a night out. Unlike our emo/indie kids/mosher friends, who try so hard to outdo each other and prove they aren't part of the stereotype then they're a bit wank.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this, but I actually find neds the least annoying of the sterotypical groups in this thread. Sure they're neds, but at least they don't give a fuck and can be good banter when you're pished in the kebab shop after a night out. Unlike our emo/indie kids/mosher friends, who try so hard to outdo each other and prove they aren't part of the stereotype then they're a bit wank.

Aye, bet emo's/indie kids/moshers don't try and start shit for no reason.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »

Not all "neds" do either. Sure the one's you see hanging around on street corners in town are fucking pricks who give the rest of them a bad name, but there are some people that you'd call "chavs" or "neds" because of the way they dress and the music they listen to, and they are the nicest people that I've ever met. They don't stereotype people and they don't start shit for no reason, I've never seen any trouble at a Drum & Bass rave, only fucking friendly people, and they are full of so called "neds".

Some "mosher" people are nice people aswell, I hate stereotyping but most emo kids are fucking gimps.
  • Options
    I ended up in this club once and i swear it was wall to wall emo.

I'm still having therapy for it.
  • Options

Never really been started on by neds tbh.

Granted they can be annoying on the train or wherever, but they're more amusing than anything else IMO. Plus if they start shit with me, then it's one punch and they're out.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I ended up in this club once and i swear it was wall to wall emo.

I'm still having therapy for it.

To be honest, if I had a kid and fifteen years later it ended up all emo then I'd probably be ashamed and try and get him/her adopted.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Not all "neds" do either.

Obviously, but it only takes one group out of ten to start acting like pricks - it doesn't matter it the rest don't.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    but there are some people that you'd call "chavs" or "neds" because of the way they dress and the music they listen to

Well, I agree partly. There's full out neddy and there's the trendy-ned type; LaCoste trackies/Spray Way/Bergaus jackets, or G Star Raw/Stone Island/stripey jumper respectively.

Hell, alot of the music I listen to would be considered neddy. Hard house, hardcore, DnB, techno, hard trance, hip-hop.

Hate to sound the typical, but try living in Glasgow. Gangs (actual gangs with retarded acronym's who fight each other) of neds walking about on Friday/Saturday nights, starting on anyone who isn't dressed like a typical trendy, or anyone who's alone/in a small group. You don't get moshers, goths, indie kids or emo's doing that shit.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Never really been started on by neds tbh.

A couple of weeks ago I was out after work, got the last train home. I'm the only one of the group who lives up my end, so I was on the train alone. Three neds about 18 walk by the seat I'm at, the second one with his camera phone out. First one says "Let's happy slap this mad haired cunt inall" and goes to do it. I stand up, knock him over the table, and the two at the back run up the train. People on the train start laughing and someone chirps up with "They just done the same to some wee boy outside the station n burst his nose".

May sound bullshit, but this is the kind of stuff neds do in Glasgow. Slight tangent...
  • Options

Hate to sound the typical, but try living in Glasgow. Gangs (actual gangs with retarded acronym's who fight each other) of neds walking about on Friday/Saturday nights, starting on anyone who isn't dressed like a typical trendy, or anyone who's alone/in a small group. You don't get moshers, goths, indie kids or emo's doing that shit.

A couple of weeks ago I was out after work, got the last train home. I'm the only one of the group who lives up my end, so I was on the train alone. Three neds about 18 walk by the seat I'm at, the second one with his camera phone out. First one says "Let's happy slap this mad haired cunt inall" and goes to do it. I stand up, knock him over the table, and the two at the back run up the train. People on the train start laughing and someone chirps up with "They just done the same to some wee boy outside the station n burst his nose".

May sound bullshit, but this is the kind of stuff neds do in Glasgow. Slight tangent...

Yeah that wouldn't suprise me actually, unfortunately you do get pricks like that who give the rest of them a bad name.