Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

lips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As in the lips you smooch with.

I get a white layer on top of my lips and I look like something out of Star Wars. I dooont know what it is. Helpppp.

Does anyone else get it too?

I've just had to go to the bathroom again to brush it off with my toothbrush. This seems to be the only way to get it off.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Chapped lips maybe? If it gets bad it looks like there's a white thing on them sometimes.
  • Options
    Thats the thing. My lips arent sore in the slightest or chapped. It's just this white residue on top. I did think that it could be a build up of product but I use like one slick of chapstick and that's it.
  • Options
    I get this alot and IIRC, it's something to do with the skin peeling or something like that.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I get it too, its well embarrasing when ur like at work at something and you have like white lips. I'm guessin its just dead skin or someting too, but it feels gross :yuck: I just like scrub em or keep wipin em with a towel or something, but it comes back
  • Options
    I think everyone gets it, you just need to use a lip scrub or alternatively get an old toothbrush and a bit of exfoliator and gently scrub them you should find that it helps.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Dead skin yeah, that's what I was getting at. It's usually caused by chapped lips for me.
  • Options
    Yeah I do the toothbrush thing already. I find it really embarassing because I come home after a night out and I've got bright white lips. I must look dead or something