Home Home, Law & Money
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

police question

1235

Comments

  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    Calvin wrote: »
    I know you mentioned it, but please remeber not all police officers are like that. I havent had much dealing with the police, on the odd occasion I have felt they havent done much. However i still respect the poilce.

    At the end of the day, if someone breaks into my house with a gun, the police would be the first people I would call, and I would be dam grateful they would act on my call.

    :thumb:

    Of course. But I've seen some disgraceful stuff from coppers - from people in a job that demands fairness, truth and justice - a job where peoples freedom is on the line.
    Weekender Offender 
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    You cannot complain then if those laws are enforced.

    If you don't nothing will change.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Of course. But I've seen some disgraceful stuff from coppers - from people in a job that demands fairness, truth and justice - a job where peoples freedom is on the line.

    I understand. But that makes me really mad to know some coppers are like that. I hope you have better experiences with them in the future, cos there are some real good, fair, and decent coppers out there who give their lives to protect us.

    :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    If you don't nothing will change.

    Not so.

    It's not that they are enforced, that you complain about, it's that they exist.

    It wasn't complaints about the enforcement of Poll Tax which got it changed, it was the marches and the public outcry about the law. The same enforcement regime is in place for the current local taxation system.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    If I get punished because of some stupid law that does more harm then good, then I think I'd have every right to be pissed off about it. When the police themselves have a policy of generally not bothering with shit like this, then I'd feel even more pissed.

    Yes the old bill did their job, but it was pointless.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    If I get punished because of some stupid law that does more harm then good, then I think I'd have every right to be pissed off about it. When the police themselves have a policy of generally not bothering with shit like this, then I'd feel even more pissed.

    Yes, but again you are pissed because the law exists in the first place. Get rid of the law and you get rid of the enforcement of that law.
    Yes the old bill did their job, but it was pointless.

    Pointless jobs?

    Welcome to the world of the public sector ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no it's not a crime in my opinion. it is bang out of order to be pulled over and searched for bullshit reasons and if it were someone cute on the boards everyone would be agreeing.

    too true ;)
    No. He must have been doing something else. It could be attitude, it could be the people he was with, it could be that the policemen involved have seen him previously, it could be time/place. there a hundreds of reasons why they might have "suspicion".

    The problem here is that he was doing something illegal and it is entirely possible that his body language gave that away. We don't know because we weren't there.

    it was none of that .. thats the whole point.. they've saw the direction we've came from into the town, they've watched us going through town, and they've pulled us off the bus we got on because they didnt like where we came from and didn't like where we were going

    done absolutely NOTHING to draw any attention to ourselves (+ it was me and one other person, wouldnt even have been as bad if it was a crowd of us) walking through the town, and i don't know how it was entirelly possible that my body language gave away that i was doing 'something illegal' if i didnt even know i had anything in my pocket

    its discrimination and as indrid said, abuse of the law
    The excuse is cover for the fact that they suspect that he might be doing something else. You can get stopped for walking around town at 3am with in darl clothing and carrying a holdall - possibly tooled up for burglary.

    yea, and thats really comparable to this situation..
    Erm.. ever considered that it could be you who is showing discrimination here?

    how'd you work that one out then?
    You got a caution - how is that "harsh"?

    ive explained why it was harsh several times.. if i had have been from one of several areas in the city i wouldn't have been cautioned, thats a fact .. a good example is gettin the caution for drinking in public whereas turlough walked away.. theres so many examples of it happening, so you can stfu with your 'playing the victim card' shite
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Please ignore me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Please ignore laaa
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    think this belongs more in the drugs forum fella :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    True sorry your right im fucked hope you have a fresher morjing than i will at 6am cee yas!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unless a knife is on show then it is concealed and by definition the police would have to have x-ray vision to see it - hence why they wanted to search. They couldn;t see it but had a "suspicion" that there might be one.

    My thought exactly.
    If I get punished because of some stupid law that does more harm then good, then I think I'd have every right to be pissed off about it.

    o are those laws 'stupid'? They are there to protect the public; NOT just to piss of the drug addicts.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't know whether to laugh or bang my head off the wall

    please

    read

    the

    fucking

    thread

    :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote: »
    o are those laws 'stupid'? They are there to protect the public; NOT just to piss of the drug addicts.

    drug addicts? that's a bit presumptious don't you think.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    i don't know whether to laugh or bang my head off the wall

    please

    read

    the

    fucking

    thread

    :thumb:

    :banghead: Done that at least 3 times now.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are you taking any of the fuckin thing in?!
    My thought exactly.

    there WAS NO SUSPICION OF A KNIFE.. they used it merely as an excuse to search us.. can you get that through your head? they didn't actually think we we carrying a knife

    and im not even gonna bother with the second part of what you said
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    there WAS NO SUSPICION OF A KNIFE..
    they said they were searching us because they thought we were carrying a knife

    :yeees:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    are you taking any of the fuckin thing in?!

    Are you talking to her, or getting a blow job with your eyes shut ?
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    Sofie wrote: »
    o are those laws 'stupid'? They are there to protect the public; NOT just to piss of the drug addicts.

    Yes they are stupid, they don't protect the public, and they don't just affect addicts either.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes the laws are stupid, and the police may have acted like cunts. Doesn't mean that it's not your fault though. In the same way as that bloke who insulted the Thai king, you knew the law and broke it anyway. It may be a stupid law, but you've got no-one to blame but yourself if you get caught breaking it. And if you know that the police discriminate against "your kind" then that's all the more reason to be careful? Just stick your hands up and say fair enough, you caught me, and buy some more some other time.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote: »
    :yeees:

    ive worded it wrong in that post.. ive you cared to read any of the SEVERAL following posts..
    Are you talking to her, or getting a blow job with your eyes shut ?

    i bet you've been sitting waiting for a chance to throw in some shitty sexual innuendo
    but you've got no-one to blame but yourself if you get caught breaking it.

    i've the police to blame for unlawfully searching me
    And if you know that the police discriminate against "your kind" then that's all the more reason to be careful?

    thats actually the most frustrating part, anything else had been left behind, like i said i didnt realise it was in my pocket .. the only reason he found is was because he was scraping along the insides of my pockets and turning them inside out, looking for this so called 'knife'
    and buy some more some other time.

    im not concerned in the slightest about what i lost, its gettin unfairly penalised that bothers me :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    there WAS NO SUSPICION OF A KNIFE..

    According to you. What evidence do you have of that?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    are you taking any of the fuckin thing in?!
    there WAS NO SUSPICION OF A KNIFE.. they used it merely as an excuse to search us.. can you get that through your head? they didn't actually think we we carrying a knife

    You are just assuming they didn't think you had a knife.

    Your version is they saw you, didn't like the look of you or where you are from or who you were with or where you were going etc and decided 'what can we say to search these lads for drugs?' and they came up with 'ah, we'll say he has a knife, that'll work and then we can find the drugs we are suspicious that he has.'

    You are assuming they thought this. How do you actually know they did?

    I always thought the Police could stop and search you because they were suspicious you were carrying drugs. Can they not do this? Does it have to be suspician of a knife or a gun or something like that? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    how'd you work that one out then?

    You are assuming that because the police are the police, that they have some agenda against you because you are catholic. Ignoring the fact that actually you may have given them cause for concern.

    You are prejudiced against them before they even talk to you, aren;t you?

    Do you really think that they get their kicks from this, that they are happy to create work for themselves just to harass a couple of people? Do you have any idea of the amount of work they created for themselves?

    Most coppers I know would rather have a quiet life.
    so you can stfu with your 'playing the victim card' shite

    And you can kiss my arse. You claim illegal search but offer no evidence apart from an opinion - you even accept that your body language could have been a reason.

    The contempt you show for the police shines through, in prejudice mainly, and hell you even considered not attending according to bail because this isn't important enough for you.

    This whole debate has been about you playing the victim when actually you can't back it up. You are a criminal who got caught so stop with the whole "woe is me" approach.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    According to you. What evidence do you have of that?

    if they truely thought we had a knife they would have stopped us ages beforehand.. not after we got on a bus to go home..
    Your version is they saw you, didn't like the look of you or where you are from or who you were with or where you were going etc and decided 'what can we say to search these lads for drugs?' and they came up with 'ah, we'll say he has a knife, that'll work and then we can find the drugs we are suspicious that he has.'

    its not even specifically that i think they thought we had drugs, its more the fact they were hassling us for no reason
    Ignoring the fact that actually you may have given them cause for concern.

    i done absolutely nothing of the sort
    Do you really think that they get their kicks from this, that they are happy to create work for themselves just to harass a couple of people?

    yes.
    Most coppers I know would rather have a quiet life.

    you have a very different police force
    This whole debate has been about you playing the victim when actually you can't back it up. You are a criminal who got caught so stop with the whole "woe is me" approach.

    it was fuck all to do with 'woe is me' it kicked off with tweety and her 'they're just doing they're job' shite, it started out as a question and progressed from there.. i know they're cunts i accept they're cunts and my opinion isn't going to change, its all this shite saying i deserved it thats turning it into an argument, i know the reasons why i got stopped and be to quite honest i don't care if you don't believe them
    The contempt you show for the police shines through

    i have more than enough reasons, thats not to say im anything other than polite to the police in the street, just as i was that day, and thats for my own good, not because i like them.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    You are assuming that because the police are the police, that they have some agenda against you because you are catholic.

    They generally do. When I was younger the fact that I was friends with the travellers meant I got tugged at every opertunity. Often for them just tell me to relay messages, and then they'd slap me with a producer.

    Young people get treated like shit by the police. It's wrong.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    They generally do. When I was younger the fact that I was friends with the travellers meant I got tugged at every opertunity. Often for them just tell me to relay messages, and then they'd slap me with a producer.

    Young people get treated like shit by the police. It's wrong.

    Exactly, what does MoK know anyway about the situation? FUCK ALL!

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if z was a black guy from Brixton, you'd all be signing a different tune.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Exactly, what does MoK know anyway about the situation? FUCK ALL!

    That's right, I know nothing. Except hang on, I fucking do.

    Dude, you should have been around in the 70s and early 80s. The police today act with one had behind tied their back in comparison with what I had to deal with as a teenager.

    The problem now is a lack of respect for the law, more than that y'all give the impression that you think you are above the law for some reason and when you get caught you cry "foul" rather than fess up to the fact that you finally got caught for something. Bang to rights.

    Truly you are pathetic. There is always someone else to blame, isn't there?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if z was a black guy from Brixton, you'd all be signing a different tune.

    No I wouldn't. I would say the same thing. It is easy to play the victim card - especially when you are in trouble. It's a defence mechanism - a way of shifting blame rather than accept responsibility for your own actions.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's right, I know nothing. Except hang on, I fucking do.

    Dude, you should have been around in the 70s and early 80s. The police today act with one had behind tied their back in comparison with what I had to deal with as a teenager.

    The problem now is a lack of respect for the law, more than that y'all give the impression that you think you are above the law for some reason and when you get caught you cry "foul" rather than fess up to the fact that you finally got caught for something. Bang to rights.

    Truly you are pathetic. There is always someone else to blame, isn't there?



    No I wouldn't. I would say the same thing. It is easy to play the victim card - especially when you are in trouble. It's a defence mechanism - a way of shifting blame rather than accept responsibility for your own actions.


    Just because you have the opinion that the police act a lot differently now in comparison to the 70s and 80s does not prove you know anything about the situation.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, only the evidence of my own eyes, the conversations I have with policemen both ex- and current and the fact that I have children of my own - one of whom has a record himself.

    But hey, I know nothing.
Sign In or Register to comment.