Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Changing file type?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I have a file on my PC that is WMA. How do I change it to MP3 or AAC? I asked a friend of mine about this and he said copy it to a CD-R but it's only one song and that's a bit of a waste really.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    head on over to www.download.com and search for wma to mp3. Or anything else you want, im sure its there somewhere!
  • Options
    Thank you.:)
  • Options
    Don't forget the power of Goole... type 'Free Mp3 Wma Converter' or similar in Google to get plenty of free software to do this for you :)
  • Options
    Dodger wrote: »
    Don't forget the power of Goole... type 'Free Mp3 Wma Converter' or similar in Google to get plenty of free software to do this for you :)

Plenty of spyware too :(
  • Options
    You could do it online > http://www2.zamzar.com/ will convert wma to mp3 as well as all sorts of other file formats :)
  • Options
    Just download and install iTunes.

As soon as you open a wma file in iTunes it will ask you if you want to convert it...

In the preferences you can chose to let it convert to MP3, AAC, or Wav... you can also set the quality of the MP3... i.e 128kbps, 192kbps or 320kbps...