Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Glands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know of any way to stop the glands that are behind my ears and down my neck from hurting?
I have the flu and they are really hurting, i am alternating lemsip and ibuprofen but neither is touching my glands and i am kinda sick of it now.

Comments

• Options
    Paracetemol is supposed to help.
    Other than that I found that warm showers helped it and lots of sleep, mainly cos when I'm asleep I can't feel the pain of it.
  • Options
    Lemsip has paracetamol in but its hardly touching it :( sleep helps when i can get it without waking in pain!
  • Options
    Oh! Sorry I didn't know that lemsip had paracetemol in it.
    When I have a sore throat and swollen glands I usual take paracetemol, and have lots of hot drinks of blackcurrant, but I suppose that is just the same as lemsip really.

Is the paracetemol in lemsip as strong as taking 2 tablets of it? If it's weaker you might want to take the tablets rather than the lemsip as it might have more of an effect.
  • Options
    I will check
  • Options
    Oh! Sorry I didn't know that lemsip had paracetemol in it.

Most cold/flu drinks have paracetamol in them I think.
  • Options
    Oh right. Well you learn something new everyday! Have to say though that I've never taken a cold/flu drink, if that helps to excuse my ignorance? :p

I hope you feel better soon anyway Tweety :)
  • Options
    Thanks