Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

20 Mins To Get Ready

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and I'm sat playing on the internet eating a doughnut... Can u get ready in 20? I still have to shpwer and choose clothes... not gonna be on time.

Comments

• Options
    Hurry! Go! :P
    I could get my clothes on and make up done in 20 mins but not a shower and do my hair aswell.
  • Options
    Shower, no shave and throw the hair in a ponytail. 10 minutes and still enough time to down a drink ;)
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    and I'm sat playing on the internet eating a doughnut... Can u get ready in 20? I still have to shpwer and choose clothes... not gonna be on time.

20 minutes is tough if you need to shower and pick clothes. I can do it, but on the other hand I am not too picky with my clothing and I do not need to put on make-up.

I'll usually start an hour before I get out to get ready, dicking around on the internet, getting showered, internet, putting on a piece of cloth every 5 minutes, etc :)
  • Options
    5mins shower
    15mins for hair make up and clothes

But me doing my hair means a ponytale and make up means eyeliner and lipgloss
  • Options
    Ah you can do your make up in the car ;)
  • Options
    depends if you're washing your hair in the shower. if not it depends on the state of my hair, i might just be able to tousle it a bit and make it look nice. make up could be done quite quickly but i normally like to take my time when i'm getting ready.
  • Options
    it takes me an hour for work so god knows how long it is to go out lol
  • Options
    I used to be able to do it in 30 minutes but recently its been an hour because I've been doing my makeup differently and it takes me a while to pick an outfit. I don't like being rushed anyway :)
  • Options
    I can, but 20 mins is my ABSOLUTE minimum. I tend to think I can get ready in 10 mins, especially on workday mornings, but I really, really can't.
  • Options
    Ready to go out, urm
    5 mins decide what to wear
    15mins for shower
    10mins drying hair
    10mins straightening hair (god knows how long if I do anything else with the mop)
    10mins make up
    5mins to get stuff ready and go go go !

so 20mins ha good luck!
  • Options
    No problem.

5 minutes shower
    5 mins make up
    5 for drying hair (in Winter, in Summer I'd just let it dry/put it up)
    5 minutes to stick some clothes on

If I only had 20 minutes though I'd probably skip the shower if at all possible /stinker :p

I always like to give myself half an hour though, that's a nice enough time to get all preened and not be running 'round like a complete tit ;)
  • Options
    Absolutely no...... way!!!
  • Options
    realistically if i was getting ready for a night out i would be taking...
    30 minutes for a shower
    10 minutes to dry my hair
    20-30 minutes to straighten/style my hair
    10 minutes make up
    10 minutes getting dressed and putting perfume/accessories on.
  • Options
    It takes me an hour to get ready for work in the morning, let alone a night out. Usually takes me about 3/4 hours with a shower/hair included.
  • Options
    Yeah, of course - plenty of time!
  • Options
    The longest part of getting ready for me is drying my hair. It takes forever! My hair isn't even that long. Showering and getting dressed is really quick, and I don't wear make up so that's one less thing to worry about. But, oh! I really wish my hair would dry faster :(
  • Options
    I can do it. Have a wash, brush the hair/use dry shampo if I need to, make up on/refresh, get changed. Can be done in 10 minutes (at a push) if I need to. I like a good half hour to get ready, with an hour if I need to wash my hair/have a bath at the minimum.

I get ready for work in ten minutes flat most days. Wash/brush teeth/brush hair/clothes on/out the door. I put my make-up on when I get to work.
  • Options
    yea, i could prob do it as long as i didnt need to shave. other wise its about half hour, i just leave my hair and dont really wear makeup.
  • Options
    Absolutely no...... way!!!

Me neither :no: Shower and make up inside 10 minutes is not a problem. But how do you really expect to dry your hair AND decide on an outfit? Blimey. I go through at least 5 different combinations before I finally decide what to wear, and 20 minutes just doesn't accommodate that kind of indecisiveness.
  • Options
    realistically if i was getting ready for a night out i would be taking...
    30 minutes for a shower
    10 minutes to dry my hair
    20-30 minutes to straighten/style my hair
    10 minutes make up
    10 minutes getting dressed and putting perfume/accessories on.

I'm the same. I usually add about another 10 minutes dancing to my favourite song/posing in the mirror, too. I'm being serious.
  • Options
    If I wash my hair in the shower it normally takes me:
    20 mins shower
    1hr drying and straightening hair. Very thick hair and lots of it!
    10 mins make up
    10 mins getting dressed (only if I have already chosen what to wear. If I have not chosen already it takes me ages and then I throw a strop and do not go out!)

That is why I normally wash my hair and chose my clothes the night before work or in the afternoon before I have a night out and then have a basin wash.
  • Options
    Generally takes me 35 if I'm having a shower as well. If I'm just getting straight up and out can get dressed, do hair and makeup in 10 mins.