Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hair help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
in january i went from bleached blonde to choccie brown

i love it, one of the main reasons behind it was the cost of getting my roots done so often (my hair growns real fast)

i thought once i was brown, it would be cheaper, as it's just an all over colour, not foils

i was wrong, however, i've been the hairdressers 3 times for re-do my brown but now i've decided to do it myself

bought a dye, love the colour, but my roots are a different colour to the rest of it

i've tried going over just the roots, but it hasnt worked

my hair is a brown but my roots are a browny ginger

gonna put a toner on later and hope that makes a bit of difference

can anyone tell me why its not taking on my root?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    I presume that your hair has started to grow out, therefore it will take to your roots as a different colour than it would the rest of the hair. You're applying dye to your natural colour at the roots, and also layering it on top of dye (therefore the rest of your hair will be darker). You should perhaps try applying dye to the roots first, this will give it more time to develop.
  • Options
    yeah i get what you mean

but like i said, i re-did the roots again later on, but it made NO difference :(

i dont get why everyone doesnt have different colour roots if thats the case, because if you dye your hair, your roots are gonna be different aint they?

man i'm confused
  • Options
    Everyone has different colour roots if you dye your hair, it's just more obvious with some hair colours. At the start the roots are going to be different, therefore your roots are always gonna be one step behind the rest of your hair (if you get what i mean)
  • Options
    guess so, but why didnt it happen at the hair dressers?

sorry for askin all these questions haha
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    guess so, but why didnt it happen at the hair dressers?

sorry for askin all these questions haha

I thought home dyes and hairdresser dyes were chemically different? Also at the hairdressers they can blend the colours in so more chance of matching it.