Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Researchers call for new Drug Classification System

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
from the beeb

Researchers have called the current system 'not fit for purpose' and designed an alternative rating system for harm.

Comments

• Options
    I'm really not sure why this has popped up now, didnt we debate this very scale a couple of months ago?

I dont agree with some of the placings, but its interesting none the less.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    I'm really not sure why this has popped up now, didnt we debate this very scale a couple of months ago?

Yeah I think it was linked to a little while ago...
  • Options
    Hmm this is new to me. Have to say I'm a little bit surprised with ketamine being so high on the list, unless of course by "harmful" they mean how you're more likely to do physical damage to yourself and not realise due to it being a tranquilizer.

I don't necessarily agree with some of the placements on that graph either, but it seems to be more accurate than the usual rankings published.

Am I being really dumb or are mushrooms not on the graph? I've never agreed with them being class A so maybe these "findings" will see them as being downgraded?
  • Options
    Ketamine is highly habit forming and can lead to psychosis. I was speaking to someone the other day who used to do 50g/week.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Ketamine is highly habit forming and can lead to psychosis. I was speaking to someone the other day who used to do 50g/week.

:shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
  • Options

That's not that uncommon, I knew a bloke who was doing a study into ket users, and he said users of 6 or 7g daily werent that hard to find.
  • Options

Fucking hell. Financially that must be worse than a bad heroin habit.

I do know of people that use everyday though and probably get through over 10 grams a week.