Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

summer wardrobe on a budget

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you were given £150 to spend on all your clothes for the summer what and where would you buy?

so far i have a bikini i bought a while ago, but not much else. I have some t-shirts, but most are worn out. I've also got a pair of light jeans...

what else should i be looking at, and where are the bargins!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I'd only get a pair of jeans with £150.
  • Options
    Some fitted solid colored polo tops. Some shorts maybe if you wear those. Maybe a denim and a kakhi. Some strappy shirts and a zip hoodie for when it gets colder.

I'm not much help, I don't know your style.
  • Options
    I've got to get underwear and shoes and a new bag...and anything else i need...

i'm starting to wonder if it would be better to make some of it...

my style: i used to be a bit gothic-y, now i like to think that i'm 50's chic, but a lot i'm more between rock bitch and hippy chic
  • Options
    id get a load of strappy vest tops that are about £4 each from new look. A couple of short skirts, pair of shorts, maybe a little dress and a pair of linen trousers. I dont think that would come up to anywhere near £150 because im a bargain hunter, and id use the rest on a pair of good chunky sandals
  • Options
    because of my "situation" i get given £150 twice a year for all the accessories and clothes i may need, including any bags and college clothes, but i can get away with t-shirt and jeans...

so i have to spend all the £150, cos i have to give back reciepts, so i might have to have a real good look around...
  • Options
    id have a look round Primark and Peacocks tbh
  • Options
    my only problem is that their clothes are so badly fitted, it's ridiculous, and at the rate i wear through clothes, i only wear that kinda stuff maybe three times.
  • Options
    not all stuff is, Obviously only get stuff that fits you right, but thats what changing rooms are for.
    I guess if you have found that both those shops dont make clothes right for your shape then try somewhere else, but I dont find them any different to any other high street shop for quality or fit, especially when it comes to basic items.
    Theyre just cheaper.
  • Options
    I'd probably get things to add to my existing wardrobe, as I still tend to wear jeans in summer. So a few tops, maybe another pair of shorts, and a couple of bikini's for the holiday.

I spend a lot of my summer in jods and knee high boots anyway. Not to mention the competition days when I have a shirt, wool waistcoat and then wool jacket on. :crazyeyes

One thing I do love in my summer wardrobe is my gypsy skirt. Ok so they aren't really in fashion anymore, but I never cared, and I find it so much cooler in the heat than all my other clothes.
  • Options
    Loads of places are having mid-season sales so head down to Dorothy Perkins, Oasis, TopShop, H&M etc as they have some pretty nice Spring styles that could easily translate into Summer.

Bargain staples such as Primark, Peacocks, George at ASDA are brilliant for simple vest tops, shorts, bikini's etc at low prices and are all extremely stylish.

My staples for £150 would be a pair of shorts (not denim, never denim), three or four plain tank tops, a summer dress/skirt, a pair of jeans that are cheap but decent enough to dress up or down and some open toed sandals.
  • Options
    Try H&M, they are normally pretty bang on for style, prices are reasonable and their stuff seems well made :thumb:
  • Options
    Dont waste your money in New Look (and other high street stores) for basics like tank tops, shirts/t-shirts and undies. I find if i need a bargain Asda has ok quality stuff and they are pretty cheap. Also tesco has some ok stuff, i love their PJs! (the key is to look).

That way you can spend more money on nice skirts, some shorts and maybe a couple of nice tops. And raid sales, i can walk into a shop during a sale with £150 and walk out with 3 big bags full. :)
  • Options
    supermarket clothes are BARGAINOUS. have a look. jus get staple pieces an then get cheapy belts n bags n stuff from primani