Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Aargh!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel like punching someone.

WHY? did it take the CSA approximately 3 weeks to begin taking money from me for my daughter when she lived with ex, after the rules changed... yet they STILL have yet to extract a brass farthing from him, over a year later?!! Despite the fact that ALL the kids now live with me?

And further, on that topic... WHY have they been unable, in the FIVE MONTHS that my daughter has been back with me, to put a stop on taking the money I was previously paying directly from my money?!! They owe me a huge refund! Care to place any bets on how long it'll be before I ever see that?

THEY ARE FUCKWITS!

Comments

• Options
    Jeeze thats crap, is there anyone you can complain to?
  • Options
    Yeah, them.
  • Options
    that's bloody awful . bit confused about the direct debit thing though, shouln't you cancel that yourself?
  • Options
    The CSA needs a complete overhaul imo. They don't do any invetigatiev work themselves from what I can see, and rely on other agencies to do it for them. No aegncy should be able to say 'well, if you get benefit x, y, z we'll give you this one too'. Hmf!
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    that's bloody awful . bit confused about the direct debit thing though, shouln't you cancel that yourself?

It's not a direct debit. I recieve a benefit which they take it out of. And they don't seem to be able to stop it, for some strange reason. :impissed:
  • Options
    That sucks Miffy :( Hope it's sorted soon.

It took the CSA 4 years to extract £5.20 a week from my sons Dad via his Jobseekers Allowance. That promptly stopped a month later when he realised that, by getting a social loan - spending it on crap - and making the repayments direct from his JSA, he could reduce his jobseekers allowance to less than the minimum amount to live on and therefore no CSA could be collected. The CSA and I know what he's up to but there is no way of stopping it. :no:
  • Options
    the CSA are shit, from personal experience.

my parents divorced when i was ooh, about 6 i think. on numerous occasions my mum didn't get any money/they didn't take enough off my dad. not very easy when your parents aren't on speaking terms. a number of years later when they were on speaking terms, they decided to take out the middle-man and my dad just paid my mum directly. but they still continued to get letters demanding payment. they also sent my mum a letter saying that my dad was claiming that he wasn't my dad. :eek2: i can't remember every detail, but we definately didn't have a very good service from them.