Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Backache in Cold Weather

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone get backache if they go outside in the cold?

I find if I go out and then walking home late at night when the outdoor temperature has dropped in a jacket that is more stylish then it is warm .. I sometimes get bad lower back ache .. feels like the muscles in my back are like contracting tight.. and the pain can last like 2 days after the event .. anyone else get this?

Comments

• Options
    Yup ... only mine doesn't tend to last long afterwards.
  • Options
    i quite often get back and shoulder ache when its cold but i think its because when im cold i tend to tense right up, doesnt last 2 days though
  • Options
    Sugar wrote: »
    i quite often get back and shoulder ache when its cold but i think its because when im cold i tend to tense right up, doesnt last 2 days though

Me too, from totally hunching over myself cause it's chuffing cold. Horrible. :(

Dunno what to suggest, maybe those big plaster things with the heat built in?
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »

Dunno what to suggest, maybe those big plaster things with the heat built in?

I know part of the solution .. wear a big warm jacket rather then a lighter fashionable one..lol

Trouble is you can leave for a day out and it's warm and sunny when you leave and come home at midnight and it's freezing. On this particular day left at like 4pm and got home like 1am.

I think the pain is more the muscles around the lower back tensing then the bones or anything else.
  • Options
    When its that cold mate, get a taxi!
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    When its that cold mate, get a taxi!

Thing is it wasn't even that cold - the rest of me wasn't cold and it was only a 5 minute walk from the train station to my car.

Noticed my toes feel kinda colder then usual at times since .. feel like I have a chill I can't shift... including very hot showers and sleeping with my electric under blanket on high heat.