Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a pill question (sorry)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i am on microgynon and am on my 7 day break.. only i forgot to write down when i started my 7 day break and then thought 'oh i'll just look at the pill packet' for some stupid reason anyway to sum it up...i'm a retard!

i can guess when i started my 7 day break but yeah...eek help? what shall i do?

Comments

• Options
    And you don't remember what day you usually start your next packs on? have a look at the pack and see if you can remember which bit of the packet you take the first one from? Might jog your memory...

Other than that I'd say it probably wouldn't matter too much if you just start the next pack... Has your period already stopped? I'm guessing it's been a few days since you came on your break as you can't remember when you stopped... Sooo... yeah I have no idea.

I probably have been no help at all. Sorry! :razz:
  • Options
    Awwh you have been really. This is my first packet as I've just gone on the pill unfortunately. Still on my period now. I think it's been 3 days but that is a rough estimate.
  • Options
    take it on the day you think is the 7th day but if possible use an alternative protection for the first two weeks, just so your safe...thats what i think
  • Options
    Two options really.

1. Guess when the end of the 7 day break is but then use extra protection for the first 7 days just to be sure.

2. Start the new packet when you are sure it's less than 7 days and just carry on regardless and have a shorter break, that will do you no harm.

You can't find any clues like the date on the prescription sticker if you started taking it the day you picked it up or anything?
  • Options
    Didn't start taking it the day I picked it up. After some deduction with the help of my boyfriend we've worked out that I started my period on the Friday and I've realised that I either started not taking the pills Thursday OR Friday because I remember thinking 'ooh that was quick (for my period)' soo on that note I think I may start taking the pill again this Thursday or Wednesday just to be sure and have a shorter break. Thankyou for replies
  • Options
    If you have a diary or calander write down NOW when you take your first pill of the next pack... then you won't have the same problem next time. :)

They're a bloody pain in the arse. I always get confused when I'm on a break and have a panicy moment where I can't remember when to take the next pack. :lol:

Constantly have a battle to try and remember to take them ever night too :rolleyes:
    Boy am I glad I'm not on the mini-pill... I would never manage to take it in the exact same hour every day.
  • Options

2. Start the new packet when you are sure it's less than 7 days and just carry on regardless and have a shorter break, that will do you no harm.

Yeah, this is what i would do.