Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

morning after pill

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    About ten times I reckon but probably only 2-3 times where I really needed it ... getting carried away with the moment or condom splitting. The rest of the time I was just being paranoid. I'd be on the pill but convince myself that I'd taken it an hour late or something and so would get the MAP anyway. I think once I was even on the pill, used a condom and still took it. Sure that can't be healthy. I used to stress so much though that my period would always be late whereas if I took the morning after pill (one particular type anyway) I would always come on 24 hours after taking the second one!

I'd hate to go through all that again. I don't understand how people who don't use contraception get through life without driving themselves to a nervous breakdown. I just couldn't take the stress.
  • Options
    I've never taken it.
  • Options
    Twice.....because I didn't use anything....hate doing it though....makes me sort of sad (which is probably uber sensitive of me!!), so try not to think about it too much when I have to take it...
  • Options
    Twice, both because I was on the pill and taking antibiotics and didn't think hard enough til after the deed was done :lol: Haven't had to take it for over a year now though, possibly longer, would love to say it's because I've got more careful but I really haven't. Just takes more to bugger the implant up :)
  • Options
    Once when a condom split and I panicked, 4 years ago now when I was 15. Lead to mum finding out I'd be pregnant as had to explain where I was going, and then why, and ended up with a lecture from the doctor about underage sex. :rolleyes:

I'm on the pill and do have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, but it doesn't panic me. I kept thinking it would be a good idea to run a monthly pregnancy test, but could never be arsed going out and buying one.