I was wondering...

FloxyFloxy Posts: 227 Two little ducks
When the board migrates to Vanilla, would it be possible to have a category for recipes, please? That way, recipes wouldn't disappear off the page and everyone would then have a really impressive choice for great food

Comments

  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,216 Moderator
    Hey Floxy,

    This is an interesting suggestion.

    To make sure that everyone can easily find their way round and get settled in, we're deliberately conservative with our forum structure. We only add new areas if there's a real calling for them, such as the Gender & Sexuality forum we added fairly recently. The demand for this was extremely high, and we realised the other forums didn't really cover the subject, so it made sense to create that space.

    Recipes are a very specific thing to create a whole new forum for and currently they fit very nicely in to Travel & Free Time, so we're not sure what would be gained from a dedicated category. Travel & Free Time isn't that active either, so we may as well keep recipes there since they make good use of the space.

    Hopefully that makes sense - we need to see significant demand and/or purpose before adding any new forums or subforums. :)

    Mike
    We're Aife & Mike - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk forum.
  • FloxyFloxy Posts: 227 Two little ducks
    Hey Mike,

    Yes, that makes sense though it's nice to see a wider variety of topics which would make the boards look more interesting.

    Perhaps some of the older posts that go way back years could be retired/closed and a new thread made? That way, members' post counts wouldn't be severely reduced.
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,216 Moderator
    Floxy wrote: »
    Hey Mike,

    Yes, that makes sense though it's nice to see a wider variety of topics which would make the boards look more interesting.

    Perhaps some of the older posts that go way back years could be retired/closed and a new thread made? That way, members' post counts wouldn't be severely reduced.

    Hey @Floxy,

    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this - would you mind explaining a little more? What sort of threads were you thinking could be closed?

    Cheers,
    Mike :)
    We're Aife & Mike - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk forum.
  • FloxyFloxy Posts: 227 Two little ducks
    The Mix wrote: »

    Hey @Floxy,

    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this - would you mind explaining a little more? What sort of threads were you thinking could be closed?

    Cheers,
    Mike :)

    I was thinking about the Time for another ranty thread. Here > http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/anything-goes/128248-time-for-another-ranty-thread

    Close it and start a new one. It started 8 years ago and 3/4 of the members have since upped and left from the forum. But don't delete it or thousands of posts will be deleted off any active members, and they wouldn't like their postcount reduced!
  • RhysRhys Posts: 229 Moderator
    Although that topic being super old, its the type of "open-for-all" thread that allows people to post a rant over in one place, and seems to be hugely popular.

    We normally only lock topics if they haven't had an active discussion in for some time and then is randomly revived.
  • FloxyFloxy Posts: 227 Two little ducks
    Rhys wrote: »
    Although that topic being super old, its the type of "open-for-all" thread that allows people to post a rant over in one place, and seems to be hugely popular.

    We normally only lock topics if they haven't had an active discussion in for some time and then is randomly revived.

    Ah, ok thanks @Rhys I did wonder, but had to ask.

    I love your turtle avatar.
Sign In or Register to comment.