Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Parenting

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by monocrat
    Why iis nuclear weapon s of any consequence?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Parenting
    I was on the train the other day and it seemed no one could get any peace on the carriage because some prick kid would not stop screaming his head off. Did his parents think it was appropriate behaviour? Evidently so since they didn't stop him.

Personally I think a person should have a LICENCE in order to have children.

OK, yes, parental styles differ nevertheless that does not excuse a lack of discipline whilst raising a child.

How old was the child approx?
    Was it hot on the train?
    Was the child tired?

If we are talking a toddler sometimes you cannot shut the child up, id like to see how you would cope with a tired kid :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yes.

A licence to have children should enable people to be proper parents.

And before someone states that parenting is 'subjective', is proper parenting neglecing or abusing your child? Or allowing them to commit crime? No. :cool:
    What crime was the child committing? The "crime" of being a child? I suppose you were never naughty, and you never cried when you shouldn't have... or infact cried at all? You are not imfallable you know and you would have behaved the same way at some point in your life. It is NORMAL for children to behave that way. :lol:

Why should people have a licence to do what comes naturally - have children? You are against licences for other things, such as guns etc, because everyone has the right to own a gun according to your logic. I think you slipped up big time with this one.