Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Big Wedding or Small Wedding?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd like a nice wedding at a country house with all my family and friends. Unfortunately this costs about £6,000 so we're having it in the registry office instead. :( What counts is the point of it though, rather than the ceremony. :cool: :D
  • Options
    :( too many people aren't for marriage.

My wedding's going to be a fancy Church wedding, but the size isn't important to me. What's important to me is marrying my fiancee, and being around my closest friends/family on the happiest day of my life thus far. :)
  • Options
    Big traditional wedding :)
  • Options
    I would have a big traditional wedding with only family and close friends.As we both have big familys!

But most of our friends will be invited to the reception!
  • Options
    Definitely a small wedding, because if you have a huge one you can't really spend time with the people you invite and you end up with loads of distant relatives clogging your list. Plus because my parents are separated I wouldn't like to have a huge gang of both sides of the family, plus my dad's side (wonderful as they are!) have a habit to get drunk and into fights at weddings and I don't want that.

I don't want it as small as my parents though, my mum didn't want a huge wedding as most of my dad's side usually do because her family would get swamped. In the end my dad only told my grandparents as he left for work on the Friday and was going up to Yorkshire to get married on the Saturday because they didn't want it to get hi-jacked by the family. So in the end there were only about 20 people and it was just a registry office do with a little party at my mum's house.

For my wedding it'd probably end up at about 80 people and I'd want to have it somewhere nice like an old Manor or on the London Eye or somewhere unusual with a party in a small hotel and I'd like a proper photographer. So not hugely extravagant but nice enough.
  • Options
    I want a small intimate church ceremony with all my close friends and family. I don't want anyone I don't know there. I want to feel totally comfortable.
  • Options
    big traditional wedding, on a purple, cream and white theme, with flowers lining the aisle of the church :biggrin:

then in the afternoon, an informal gathering with some family and close friends for afternoon tea type thing, and then on to a 'do' with a buffet and a dj.