Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Addicted

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From the poppy, you get codine and morphine, like two branches off, from morphine you then get diamorphine, or heroin. So although codines an opiate its technicaly different chemicaly from heroin.

It can be bought over the counter in this country in 8 or 12.8mg doses with paracetmol or ibroprofen. When I did it I had something in the region of 200mg. But as I said this is no where near a dose of heroin, although I think 10% of codine turns into morphine in the body.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Your brain stops working properly.
    that sounds amusing bong but there is a lot of truth in what your saying. the fact that you no longer experience propper emotions ...you never see a junkie laugh or cry whilst under the influence ...the fact that your own personal morals fall completely apart, would suggest to me that a junkies brain is indeed not functioning correctly.
  • Options
    Yeah, what I found odd was that it wasnt even pleasureable as such, it was just warm and fuzzy but your incapable of feeling happy or sad as such.
  • Options
    that is why such a bad life comes through heroin use, compelty numb..