Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boyfriend meeting other girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend has this online friend, who's a girl, and he's known her longer than he's known me... Except they've never met, and he wanted to meet her a while back, but I told him I didn't want him to, so they didn't meet up. However, they still chat. A lot. Which bugs me BAD. And now, he wants to meet with her, so he can try to set her up with a friend of his. However, then they would meet. And they would actually have to hang out a little bit to let her and his friend meet up. And then once they've met, they've met... And if it works out with his friend, they'll keep on seeing each other (without me), and if it doesn't work out, they've met, and then they have like this "free ticket" to meet up together as friends.
However, either way I'm sure they'll keep seeing each other, and they know a LOT about each other, and if they're going to hang out someway without me... I'm not gonna be too happy...

My boyfriend asked me if I'd be okay with him setting them up, and I said I didn't know. So he said he would just try to get them to meet...

Comments

• Options
    You know that whole thing about gripping sand tightly in the palm of your hand, and it slips through the gaps in your fingers, but put it on the palm of your hand it and it stays.

It applies here.

If you try to stop your bf meeting this girl then hes going to get tired of not being able to meet new people and have new friends, hes going to think youre possessive and try to control him.

If you let them meet up then they get to be friends, your bf will be happy because he has a gf and a new mate.

If things turn sour between the two of you after he meets her then it just shows it wasnt meant to be.
  • Options
    Don't turn into a control freak. Imagine if this was the other way round - The forum would be up in arms about this "evil man" controlling you.

Why don't you be fair to him and put trust in him by saying "Yeh actually you should try and set her up with your friend, lets make it a kinda double date, all 4 of us can go out". That way you are involved and get to meet her yourself. Just DON'T spend the night giving her the bitchy eye as you girls love to do!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    Don't turn into a control freak. Imagine if this was the other way round - The forum would be up in arms about this "evil man" controlling you.

Why don't you be fair to him and put trust in him by saying "Yeh actually you should try and set her up with your friend, lets make it a kinda double date, all 4 of us can go out". That way you are involved and get to meet her yourself. Just DON'T spend the night giving her the bitchy eye as you girls love to do!

I agree listen to Sir Cum's double date idea. Explain to your boyfriend you trust him but you would like to meet this girl anyway, and if that's ok with him. But still, there are going to be times he'll want it just to be him and her, and you have to get used to that - because he knows he's got a great girlfriend who trusts him completely to go home to :)
  • Options
    this is where trust comes into play in a realtionship. if u have trust in ur b/f u will let him him his friend....
  • Options
    all this shite about trust, people do fuck about, i never thought it would happen but it does.

goin to meet a girl who he talks to alot on the internet. pah

double date or nuttin.

or jus talk alot to some guy on the internet, flip the script i'm sure he'll soon see things your way.