Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO: The_Macca

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi mate,

I saw a post from you asking how to grow cannabis.
I've PM'd you about it...

Also, dont listen to this comment, its posted in truth, and intended to help, but it simply isnt true...

Pick the stuff early, when the hairs are still white, you'll get less wieght but it will be much nicer.

That and if your growing indoors you should get those really strong lights but ordinary tube ones will do.

Fluro tubes will NOT do!

If you pick your bud early it will not be mature, you lose yield, wont get you as stoned as it should, basically its the cardinal sin! NEVER get impatient and pick it...
Also, flurorescent Tubes are NOT good for growing.
They emit the wrong spectrum for growing dope and it simply is not strong enough, you will end up with thi, spindly plants with airy buds. You need a high pressure sodium light, preferably at least 250W.

Also, dont even think about growing unless you can do it indoors, or a VERY safe place outside - but remember its alot harder to do outdoors especially in the UK, as we are at the wrog latitude, and you have bugs and all tht
If you do grow at home it might be an idea to tell the people you live with, somehow id doubt they'd like the law coming round and busting you!!

Think about it, read up on it and then read up again, you really cannot learn enough about it, knowledge is power!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hey robS, could you also PM me about this please? Cheers :)
  • Options
    If your going to qoute me then you could at least say so.

Floro tubes arent anywhere near as good to grow under as proper lights, I'd aggree with you there, but it can be done and you can get a good result. I know, I've done it.

As for picking early, everyone wants a different product, personaly I really like early picked weed which has a light, giggly high to it and I dont like the more stonny experiance that you get when the hairs darken. BUT others disaggree.
  • Options
    didnt think youd want me to!!!

You can grow under fluro's but it simply is not as good, costs more etc, why bother with loads of tubes that dont give out the right spectrum etc when you can just have a 400w HPS bulb that cannabis is much much happier flowering under.
    Fluros are blue spectrum and are better for vegging, and HPS's are red spectrum which is far far far better for flowering and the main thing when it comes to dense bud

It's true about the earlier you pick the more 'Up' high you get, but you shouldnt ever go on pistil colour anyway, it means nothing. Just that the plant is maturing, not mature.
    You have to look at the trichomes to know when a plant is ready, and to do that u need a 30x magnification device. When the trichomes are clear, its an 'Up' buzz, Then they turn from clear to milky, to amber.
    Peak potency is when the triches are about 60% milky and 40% clear..
  • Options
    Well its not like I wasnt going to notice.

What I said was based on my limited experiance with growing, I was just saying that you dont NEED to have all the swanky kit to produce good weed. I know its not as effective and so on but the stuff I grew was really good. Simple as that.

I am not anywhere near an expert on growing but, having done it a little I thought I'd chip in my experiance, that is what this boards about.
  • Options
    sure is dude...

rise and shine i PM'd you
  • Options
    I certainly dont want to get into a bitchy hand bags at dawn style situation with you about it, you seem to know more than me, but if you are going to qoute me and say its not true then put my name next to it.
  • Options
    chill out mate!
    it was a quote, didnt think youd want to be associated with it!
  • Options
    Its fine, its really not a big deal. Lets just drop it, and move slowly away from the topic. Nothing to see here...
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its fine, its really not a big deal. Lets just drop it, and move slowly away from the topic. Nothing to see here...

LMAO!!!