Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is it true??

is it true that guys prefer girls with a lot of confidence?? only, i've been bullied all my life and only recently have guys started paying me attention...but i'm very self concious and can't help but put myself down all the time...
apparently guys find this a turn off...is it true??
please reply and let me know and also give me ideas of how to be more confident and chatty!! xXx
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah... I'm a girl so I'm not sure.

However, I also don't think I'm pretty and my confidence and self esteem are both very low. So everytime my boyfriend tells me I'm hott/pretty/etc, and I deny it, he gets really annoyed by it.
  • Options
    it's difficult right??
    i don't think anything of myself...i'm not quiet around mates and quite chatty around guys who seem to like me...but those who are hard to get to know, i become shy around... if ya get me?
    i'm so loud and flirty when drunk though!! you know, touching guys etc lol! how can i become confident dammit?? xXx
  • Options
    Originally posted by __h0t_4_u__
    it's difficult right??
    i don't think anything of myself...i'm not quiet around mates and quite chatty around guys who seem to like me...but those who are hard to get to know, i become shy around... if ya get me?
    i'm so loud and flirty when drunk though!! you know, touching guys etc lol! how can i become confident dammit?? xXx

Well what all do you not like about yourself?
    The sources of what all is making you so not-confident...
    Looks-wise, personality-wise... What all don't you like?
  • Options
    Being shy and self concious myself, I'd notice you :)
  • Options
    the bottom line is this they want you to be happy and if they see you putting yourself down they want to stop you from doing so and be happy again... after all who wants to be with someone who is miserable?
  • Options
    Once you get comfortable with someone you'll feel a lot better about yourself. When I was about 16/17 I had no confidence whatsoever and couldn't even talk to blokes. But going to college and then uni made me come out of my shell and I found it a lot easier to talk to people including blokes. My self confidence grew a lot after being with my ex for 3 years, when you realise that someone else fancies you that much you realise that you can't be that bad after all ;)
  • Options
    don't like looks, my body etc...
    general stuff that guys go for!! :(
    and guys always say, 'you gotta be confident, stop putting youself down etc, it's a turnoff!' xXx
  • Options
    I personally prefer women who aren't over confident as they are a little too flirty for my liking and i am the jealous type. U don't have to worry where she is or who she is chatting too.
  • Options
  • Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am very very self conscious, I hate the way I look and no matter how many people tell me I'm not ugly I don't believe them. Like, today my 'best mate' told me 'Franki you're gorgeous, you could have anyone you wanted' and I didn't believe a word she said! I have difficulty talking to people the first time I meet them, or if I haven't seen them in a long time. I'm especially bad with people I find attractive and they know it! Like, there is one person I told I liked and, having only met him twice after that, I have never said one word to him outside of text and MSN. Course if I saw him again I would talk to him but hey! Anyway, yeh I guess confidence is attractive, but if you are shy, try and play it off as being coy and mysterious (a little advice from my dad!) and guys will eat it up :p
  • Options
    I have too much confidence, my confidence isnt how I feel about myself lookswise, its just I have confidence in things I do....Does that make sense? Hope so! Well, some men love my confidence but it puts most of them off :confused:
  • Options
    i like a gilr with a bitta confidence in herself to talk to me, if i have only just met her, not have me doin all the talkin!:lol:
  • Options
    I like a confident girl, who's good at making decisions and knows what she wants... rather than doing what i'm suggesting most of the time, i'd like if she told me what she likes and wants - cos i'm prepared to do it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by __h0t_4_u__
    it's difficult right??

to be honest i always get the impression people who are loud as being kind of insecure and looking for attention which is different to being confident. i think confidence is all about how one 'carries' themselves and uses eye contact. someone who walks with their head up, shoulders straight and with a nonchalent but sexy gaze will always attract attention. only thing is they are harder to approach. a friend of mine always says you have to be a confident prick and pretend you dont give a shit and he scores regularly buts its not a good way to look for relationships.