Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you listen to the radio???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I used to listen to Capital Gold most of the time, plus heart and maybe virginand Capital FM sometimes.

But since having changed to rock/metal 2 years ago, its been hard to find something on the radio to listen too. Apart from, XFM Rock Show on saturday, Radio1 Rock show...

I know in US they have individual radio stations dedicated to say Rock/metal or HipHop, but i can't find any similar on in the UK.

Okay, XFM play all the time, but its all indie and RHCP and soft rock.

Does anyone know any out there, maybe pirate ones??? Or like European ones which i can get on FM/AM??

Thanx:p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    whats XFM? i listen to the radio all the time. it would usually be either Galaxy FM or Viking FM. listening to it as i type! hmm hmm hmm
  • Options
    I used to listen to the radio alot but not too much anymore since there isnt much on the radio that i like, sometimes theres the odd decent song on but i prefer just to take my cds with me since ive got a cd player in the car.
  • Options
    I love Radio 1, especially the dance program after the official Hit 40 chart on Sunday, with Trevor Nelson, and the Sara Cox breakfast show. Kiss 100 is also fab. The more adverts a station has, the less inclined i am to bother listening, such as Essex FM. Magic is good sometimes, for older songs :p
  • Options
    im the same as Shogun. there is too much crap on the radio now, so i just listen to my cds.
  • Options
    I used to listen to Virgin Radio when I worked all the time, so now I can't stand it :mad:

I listen to Radio 5 Live when I can't sleep at night too... it sends me off pretty well!
  • Options
    Re: Do you listen to the radio???
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    But since having changed to rock/metal 2 years ago,

*chokes on coffee*

:rolleyes: :lol:

No, I don't listen to the radio. Unless my mum has Radio 2 on and I am in the room. In the car I listen to my own music and at work we have Radio 2 playing for the patients but I can't hear it where I am stationed (not that I would mind as I like Radio 2 - less offensive)

I do not listen to radio other than at those times and I don't hear pop songs. In actual fact I don't hear any music I don't want to hear and it is bliss. :)
  • Options
    I normally listen to Radio 1 in the morning when Sara Cox is on and sometimes at night at the weekends when Westwood is on or the RnB chart. Sometimes have 1xtra on if I'm on the net or have it on TV, also listen to pirate radio quite a lot. :yes:
  • Options
    I listen to some of the stuff on Beat 106, mainly at night coz that's when they play the trance, other than that I hardly ever listen to the radio, all the stations just play shitty pop music.
  • Options
    I listen to either Vibe FM or Renegade. Radio 1 used to be pretty good a few years back but now I think it's pretty shite.
  • Options
    I rarely listen to the radio but when I do i like Fox Fm and Radio 1
  • Options
    Oh yeh I forgot to mention I listen to internet radio stations from America when I'm on the computer.

At the minute it's WBER 90.5FM from Rhode Island (I think) and they play most of the music I like. :D
  • Options
    Nope, the only time i listen to the radio is when my mum has it on in the car.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter

I listen to Radio 5 Live when I can't sleep at night too... it sends me off pretty well!

Lol, ditto here...

....And now we hear from the night editor of some shit paper in East Timor.... ;)

For me, i generally flick between Radio 1, Century, Five Live and a couple of tin-pot locals.
  • Options
    I listen to Radio Four for about an hour each day at least, its the best broadcast medium of any of them, fantastic.

That and a little bit of pirate radio from round my part of west london on occation.
  • Options
    For Rock and possible metal, I think that Virgin have an on-line station that plays that.

Although they have an awesome station that just plays soul, blues and funk!
  • Options
    There's a rock show on saturday nights on capital fm which is quite good. It's on 11pm til 1am. The dj is kinda annoying though.... But it's about the only time I ever listen to the radio :)
  • Options
    I listen to Key103fm, for Greater Manchester every morning, and sometimes in late afternoon/evening.

I won a PS2 and a racing day at Brands Hatch on Key103 about a month ago :p
  • Options
    Nope, never listen to it. At work I listen to a walkman and listen to music from home!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin
    For Rock and possible metal, I think that Virgin have an on-line station that plays that.

Although they have an awesome station that just plays soul, blues and funk!

I took a look at the Virgin Radio site and found the classic rock version which is pretty good, thanks!
  • Options
    I always listen to FM104. Their breakfast show The Strawberry Alarmclock is theee funniest ever. It has me giggling every morning. I listen to their night time phone show thingy quite alot too. We had a pirate station over here called Freedom that was quite good at times. They played loads of those old songs that I used to love like Mr Bigs song (cant think of the name of it) and Extreme's More Than Words. They got rid of all our pirate stations a few weeks ago though
  • Options
    Radio 1 when at home till 6 for Chris Moyles, in work just local stations Key 103, Galaxy and sometimes the Revolution. I miss the mystery years on radio 1 :(
  • Options
    XFM breakfast with Christian O'Connell, i wake up with him every morning