Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can't Decide What To Do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Argh. I'm so stressed out about work. I can't decide if I should stay put with the two jobs I have at the moment or try and look for one job tha is better paid than both of them.

My situation: Gap-year student with 4 months to save for uni.

Two jobs: 1) 5-10 hours a week at £4/hour + tips in a restaurant
2) Working in a cafe that is only weekends till July. I think I'll get £60/week +tips until July when I'll be on £150/week + tips. That sounds a lot, but I'll be working 45+ hours a week. The second job will end at the end of August

I can't decide if I should stay put or try and find a job with a high street store like Tescos, Safeways etc because while I like my restaurant job, I really don't like my cafe job that much, it ends at the end of August, and won't be open at Christmas so I won't have much work when I return from Uni.

Should I try and get a different job or should I stay with two certain things?

Comments

• Options
    You should look around for different jobs seeing if there are some excellent paid and not too long hours but dont quit any of ur other jobs,keep them until you find urself another better paid,less hour job if u want.
  • Options
    If you don't mind working Sundays, supermarkets tend to pay time and a half (eg Morrisons) or double time (eg Sainsburys).

If you're eighteen or over this will put you on either £6.30 an hour or £8.40 an hour respectively.....but it's not really worth it if you hate the work!

I know Aldi pays £8 an hour on any day because you have to learn all the prices and train quite a bit, but if you're on a gap year then you'll have time to do that. They're particularly looking for people in the Nottingham, Corby and Derby areas.
  • Options
    Hmm. I'd decided not to change jobs but I'm unsure after reading the above...