Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Witness to a democray.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To me, an empty field over a threatening sky. But Kurdish officials say they have found a mass grave that holds hundreds of civilian victims of Saddam Hussein’s ethnic cleansing campaigns,

Thank God America and coalition stand for something...I swear Europe would allow Hitler to murder millions again while they tried to appease him if he were alive today. Europe has learned nothing.
  • Options
    To me, an empty field over a threatening sky. But Kurdish officials say they have found a mass grave that holds hundreds of civilian victims of Saddam Hussein’s ethnic cleansing campaigns

What would be the name of this place? Wounded Knee perhaps?

Thank God America and coalition stand for something..[/quote]

Imperialism, Depotism, and Genocide.
    I swear Europe would allow Hitler to murder millions again

Europe allowed America to murder millions in Indochina. The British had no problem murdering tens of millions in India.
    while they tried to appease him if he were alive today.

LOL

card-middle_east_map.jpg
    Europe has learned nothing.

I will have to agree with you here. This appeasement of America must stop. Sooner or later someone is going to have to stand up to Yankee savagery.
  • Options
    Europe has learned far more than you could even begin to imagine lil boy. And if Bush is allowed to continue stepping on the international community rather than working with it diplomatically, we will be in line for far more lessons in the fruits of such folly than you would ever hope to experience.

Stop spouting such ignorant rubbish pnj, it only further alienates you from understanding whats really going on the world in your name.

Interesting report today outlining the increasing resistance with which Mr. Chalabi and his band of happy exiles are encountering from the Iraqi public. The prevailing attitude is that they don't want anything to do with people who have been living in comparative luxury abroad whilst they have had to endure these decades of suffering.

Go Iraqis! Bush pack up your puppets and go home!
  • Options
    Europe has learned far more than you could even begin to imagine lil boy.

The Yankees have never experienced a "Verdun" or a "Stalingrad" or a "Vicksburg, Mississippi." You will have to excuse their immaturity. They are used to fighting world powers like Somalia (defeat), Vietnam (defeat), North Korea (draw).
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/18/offbeat.iraq.dolls.reut/index.html

American company comes out with talking Iraqi Information Minister doll. He says: The Americans are not within 100 miles of Baghdad. Other dolls include Osama Bin Laden in drag. Too cool.:lol:
  • Options
    So proud America was part of the coalition that ended this. Europe would appease another Hitler if he came along. Even if Saddam complied, the UN had no interest in making him leave office. The UN is morally bankrupt.

Mass Grave a Quarter Mile Long Found in Iraq
    The horrible stories just keep rolling out of Iraq. I'm still wondering if we will reach a point at which Nancy Pelosi and friends will no longer claim to be proud of their votes against this war.

Some men who claim to have been soldiers in the Iraqi Army also strolled among the graves today, contradicting this man, and telling fearful stories from 12 and 15 years ago. One described being ordered to work here for five days in 1988, as trucks with stacks of coffins and bloody ambulances kept arriving with more dead. "Our officers told us that all of these people were hanged," another said.

It was a testimony to how widespread and unsparing the killing had been that one theory seemed as plausible as the next. Even the spare forensic details provided little help. Kurds said the first two graves to be exhumed held a headless man in a Kurdish shirt with a tag that read "Unidentified No. 37" and a skeleton in a blood-stained track suit and wisps of long light-colored hair.
    - The New York Times
  • Options
    PARIS, France (CNN) -- A panel of antiquities experts said Thursday it suspected some of the recent looting of Iraqi museums had been "commissioned" by collectors who had anticipated the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime.

How disgusting. And I'm also disgusted that the left media tried to turn this incident into an anti-coalition rant.
  • Options
    Shi'ites began making a pilgrimage to two shrines that was banned under Saddam.

The pilgrimage, which local officials say could attract nearly 2 million people, is a potential powder keg. American troops in the area plan to stay on the fringes unless there's violence that requires interference.

''Our intent is just to let it happen,'' said Capt. Tom Walton of the 431st Civil Affairs Battalion. ''They've been doing this for a thousand years.''

Walton said the anti-Americanism of the Saddam era was fading fast. ''I've seen no evidence whatsoever of animosity,'' he said. ''I have seen nothing but goodwill and happiness that we're here.''

Anti-Americanism ''is the bad culture that Saddam put in people's minds,'' said Ammar Hassan, 23.

''We feel like we have awakened from a (bad) dream,'' said Haider Rabee, 23. ''We feel that we are liberated.''
  • Options
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030423/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_politics_3

This Iraqi exile has emerged as such a character. I almost hope his claims to be govornor of Baghdad, and now mayor of Baghdad to come true. He just promised everyone a 1000% raise. And some lady asked if he could fix her t.v.