Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

America: the world's teenagers?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    clandestine,

We never post our credentials and if we did how would you know them to be real? Suffice it to say that Economics, as with any social science, is not an exact science. Would that it were so I could become sickeningly rich. Alas!

Equities, fixed interest vehicles, blah, blah, blah,.................

The Money and the power is in the USA, PERIOD.

Should the Euro gain on the dollar, that is okay by me.
    American goods would be less expensive and thus our trade balance would improve.

Europe has a dearth of natural resources. Your birth rates are declining. Your culture is being overwhelmed by all that is American!

Lastly, "Who you calling Boy?" :D I'm all grown up and haven't seen Jane or Tarzan in years. :wave:
  • Options
    In a lot of ways Europe is better to its workers than America is right now. But, I don't understand how a country can be more productive than America is if its worker's strike more and have more vacation time.

You honestly can't see that? It's very simple: You take a holiday, you come back feeling much more healthy relaxed and this impacts on your work. You feel more positive so you become more productive. Surely it is better to work slightly shorter hours with less stress to product a better standard of product, than being stress, hating the job and therefore producing an inferiour quality of work?

In regards to the strikes I think it is good that employees take action against their employers to change working condition. Improved working conditions improved the quality of the work. This is basic motivational theory (Maslow and Heinsburg - I don't know if you had ever studied those in school).

Besides, I think that a workforce that cares about its work, even if it leads them to strike, is far better than an appethetic workforce who don't care about their work at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Murph the Surf
    clandestine,

(We consider soccer a wimpy game
    and american football is realy tough aye? i know of two games of american football played in recent years between american troops and british troops. in both instances the british refused to play until the yanks took off all the safety gear. it then became british rugby. same shaped ball, same shaped goals.
    the first game was stopped by an american sergeant within 5mins as he feared what injuries his men could suffer.
    the second game was stopped by an american sergeant within 15mins as he SAW...the injuries his men were suffering. the british guys play this game like this all the time. the american sergeants in both cases thought it was some kind of violent vendetta against thier men.... so much for american football.
    baseball ...it's called rounders here and is a girls sport.
    basketball...it's called netball here and is a girls sport.
  • Options
    Ever played Ice Hockey, MR?

;)
  • Options
    Morrocan Roll,

War is a game we play well! ;):D

American football is played with protective equipment because death and other such unpleasntries were occuring. Have your lads put the equipment on and see how well they fare. The inflicting of pain is a prime requirement of American football.

Rounders? I don't suppose they pitch 98 MPH fastballs from 60 feet away. One to the head can end a career or a life and has in the past.

Basketball? You might as well call it nets because you lads play like girls. I have seen European basketball teams and I laugh all the time.

I must admit though that England does have the most violent and vicious soccer fans. How proud you must be!

Lacrosse is also a wonderful American game. We also like Ice Hockey.

We love the shooting sports! Just watch our handiwork in Iraq.

Stick to darts as it's something you folks play well!
  • Options
    Nice attmpt at saracasm there Murph. A feeble attempt at best however and more akin to the most laughable characatures of the ignorant yokel out of the heartland that have been made by our own American satirists.

War is no game and to suggest such substantially undermines your previous claims of maturity.

Guess your just wasting time here till Billy Bob has your pickup all fixed eh?