Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My favorite human shield target.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Clandestine, I can see why you think there's a right wing conspiracy among the media. That line I quoted is also in the news report on MSNBC today. I think there's another alternative to the conspiracy idea. There's such a rush to get the news online etc., these news services just pick up the same info without double checking it or the way it may come off.
  • Options
    I dont think one need label it conspiracy as much as compliance.

It's more the case as discussed on Lou Dobbs moneyline last night on CNN International that (with particular reference to the US news media) most journals, papers, and media are owned by a select few media conglomerates. It is the particular political loyalties and biases of these conglomerates that determine more than much else what is printed, what is not, and how it is presented to the public.

Dunno if the poll is still related to that particular issue but check out www.cnn.com/moneyline (scroll down along the left to the viewer poll)

It's actually one of only a few times ive seen anything remotely non-supportive of the overall right-wing trend that Lou typically sets forth being asked of the viewing public.
  • Options
    I do hope Sean Penn decides to be a Human Shield.

That sounds like a great PC game: Splatter the Human Shield. The object would be to kill as many of them as possible without wasting valuable bombs.:naughty: