Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

billions !

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fair enough in that respect, however to use the clarification you yourself have now kindly provided, that intelligence is nonethless withheld from the public view as is no doubt those Special Ops actions which derive from it. Still doesnt change the fact that facilities exist in our advanced technological society to do whatever is needed to secure the political aims and interests of an administration without the public having any access to what was going on behind the scenes. Again plausible deniability, the military's and politician's most effective weapon.

Only times we do find out something funky is up is when the missions dont come off successfully (i.e Iran Contra Scandal, Watergate, etc...)

Noone would have believed Woodward and Bernstein if it hadnt been for "Deep Throat", yet despite such past examples of "conspiracy", society still wants to dismiss possible gov coverups as "nutcase theory" until its shoved down their throats by the evening news.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Fair enough in that respect, however to use the clarification you yourself have now kindly provided, that intelligence is nonethless withheld from the public view as is no doubt those Special Ops actions which derive from it. Still doesnt change the fact that facilities exist in our advanced technological society to do whatever is needed to secure the political aims and interests of an administration without the public having any access to what was going on behind the scenes. Again plausible deniability, the military's and politician's most effective weapon.

Only times we do find out something funky is up is when the missions dont come off successfully (i.e Iran Contra Scandal, Watergate, etc...)

Noone would have believed Woodward and Bernstein if it hadnt been for "Deep Throat", yet despite such past examples of "conspiracy", society still wants to dismiss possible gov coverups as "nutcase theory" until its shoved down their throats by the evening news.

Yeah, uh huh. Phoenix didn't fail, we learned of it anyway (courtesy of those people you claim all keep secrets). Of course, your conspiracy comrades claim missions that never happened and acts that never occurred while ignoring the things that actually did happen. But then again, that is because you get your concept of such operations from novels and comic books instead of from experience.

The fact that Iran Contra, Watergate, Whitewater, etc. all come to light just reflects on the inability of any organization to long hold secrets that are far less volatile than the secrets you claim to be held.
  • Options
    If anyone regularly chooses to ignore things that have happened Greenhat, it certainly wouldnt be those whom it suits your right wing opinions to label as conspiracy nuts.

As for Comic books, well i suppose you must be overly familiar with those from those long boring days eagerly waiting for orders to go stomp on another country in the name of some corrupt politician or another's personal agenda! lol.

When it comes to leakes the military is full of them, often used to give false impressions of what is actually being planned, so if you are what you claim im sure you and your friends are better at it than these untrustworthy allied governments or Washington insiders you like to harp about.

Keep twisting the issue ol boy, the amusement never ends! Ive even got NATO colleagues laughing at you these days! :lol:
  • Options

When it comes to leakes the military is full of them, often used to give false impressions of what is actually being planned, so if you are what you claim im sure you and your friends are better at it than these untrustworthy allied governments or Washington insiders you like to harp about.

The point is that no one keeps secrets for any real length of time. Your conspiracy theories are hot air.
  • Options
    Hmmm thats interesting, I suppose a Oswald fired those three shots all by himself with a bolt action Italian made rifle too, despite the fact that it has been proven by expert marksmen to be all but impossible in the time frame claimed by that cover story.
    And I suppose its no coincidence that the records of the assassination were sealed and excluded from the time limitations of the FIA. Just to cite one example mind you.

Of course I suppose the secret of who else was involved has been leaked? I wonder to whom? Oh yes of course, only to you the all knowing one way out in Thailand! lol.

Beginning to see why they stationed you so far away from home! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hmmm thats interesting, I suppose a Oswald fired those three shots all by himself with a bolt action Italian made rifle too, despite the fact that it has been proven by expert marksmen to be all but impossible in the time frame claimed by that cover story.
    And I suppose its no coincidence that the records of the assassination were sealed and excluded from the time limitations of the FIA. Just to cite one example mind you.

Of course I suppose the secret of who else was involved has been leaked? I wonder to whom? Oh yes of course, only to you the all knowing one way out in Thailand! lol.

*seems to remember that Jim Garrison exposed this a long time ago...*
  • Options
    Its never be proven who was also involved however MoK and with the files sealed it remains speculation. Those trully involved in some acts can be kept hushed up if enough redirection and "National Security" excuses are employed.

*just when it seemed this pathetic topic would die a proper death!* :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Its never be proven who was also involved however MoK and with the files sealed it remains speculation. Those trully involved in some acts can be kept hushed up if enough redirection and "National Security" excuses are employed.

*just when it seemed this pathetic topic would die a proper death!* :rolleyes:

Hell I'm not going to get into the rest of the argument, but I haven't been here for a couple of days...

But the case Jim Garrison brought proved, in a court of law, that there was a conspiracy - just that the person he had in the defendants chair wasn't part of it...

But yeah, this thread should die...

*Note to self: don't post again*