Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why do shops close at 4:00 on sundays?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the simple fact that sundays always seem to follow saturday nights should be enough reason for it to be a day of rrest.
    i'm a wee bit anebriated.
    this was very hard to type.
  • Options
    I wasnt suggesting that most people worked because they enjoyed it but there is certainly a growing sector of the work market of the higher end postions that are going to people who dont have children, or even relationships at all. Because work is what is important too them.

Why do you think more and more women are having children later and later, its their carears that they care about.

I recon this is brought on because machines have made the jumps in productivity in the last 15 years as we had seen before then, so therefore people have to work harder.

Productivity has to ALWAYS go upwards so the econmany can keep growing, so we can all live in vaguely nice conditions. And if production goes up then so must consumption, why do you think things like TV's are never repaired anymore?
    We must consume more and more or we'll all end up loosing our jobs. Thats how it works.
  • Options
    fucking hell bong that's depressing ! production must go up...production must go up...production must go up...we must consume ...consume and consume some more. the treadmill must go faster, must go faster. the treadmill will be turned up another notch and then another and another !
    having babies and becoming loving parents must now cease...
    production must go up. consume consume. the treadmill must go ever faster.
    we have moved into some kind of alice in wonderland nightmare !
    welcome to the machine. it's no wonder so many people are on drugs !
    produce...consume...faster faster. produce...consume...faster faster.produce...consume...faster faster.produce...consume...faster faster.
  • Options
    I'm an economist, thats the way I see things, its not really deppressing I just think if you cant at least see thats the way things are now then your sticking your head in the sand.

I'm not saying its a good idea, in fact I think its bound to fail at some point, but the system isnt going to change anytime soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm an economist, thats the way I see things, its not really deppressing I just think if you cant at least see thats the way things are now then your sticking your head in the sand.

I'm not saying its a good idea, in fact I think its bound to fail at some point, but the system isnt going to change anytime soon.
    WERE DOOMED...doomed i tell ya.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Stracha_Khan

I meant in relation to explinations of things such as what happens to us when we die, etc.
    The scientific explination of that would involve decomposing to dust. The religious explination being ascendence to heaven, or reincarnation etc. Science is extremely depressing in comparison, can create a sense of the individual being meaningless.

That is true for those who manage to uphold religious morals. But if you really believe it and you do something that means you spend eternity in hell then surely that is the most depressing thing.............