Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Everyone was right!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just split up with my boyfriend of 16 months! everyone told me to stay away last month i didnt listen and now im so upset no one to talk to for a week! (half term)

I hurt so much he was so nasty for the last months couldnt bear to touch me, look at me or talk to me and i put up with it because i loved him! :(

Im so thick!

Comments

• Options
    he just wanted one thing and one thing only! The same as most men!

(not all!)

he was lovely to me at one time! He changed now i cant cope!
  • Options
    *hugs*

You will get over it mate. These things take time but he's just one bloke. There's many more fish in the sea so to speak. Just learn from your mistakes and you'll come out of this a better person. Keep your chin up and remember that he wasn't worth you if thats all he wanted.

Keep smiling. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, know how ya feel. One minute they act like you're everything to them and suddenly you can just be nothing. I don't understand it.

I put up with a lot of shit because I was loved my boyfriend that much.
    But you're not thick.

Take care, you.

oooh and if you want to ramble on msn then my email thing is daisychainthing@hotmail.com :)
  • Options
    Hugs Devil, youve done the right thing. At least now you can start to move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Hugs Devil, youve done the right thing. At least now you can start to move on.

I totally agree! At least you can see what he wanted and what he was like. Thats just one step to forgetting about him. It might take a while, but remember as one door closes another one opens! Hope ur ok x x :) x x
  • Options
    I wish i had never got involved he WAS so sweet he was lovely to me - we had so many plans!
  • Options
    When you think of your relationship dont look back on it as a bad thing. Think about the good things and of the lessons its taught you (there will be some)! When me n my boyf go through a rocky patch i always think that i wish i hadnt got involved but then i wouldnt have the happy memories i have when things were ok!
  • Options
    Its all a learning experience, and its not your fault if hes an idiot. youre better off without him. at least youve got out now, the longer you left it, the worse it would have got.
  • Options
    But I love him! and now he has gone! I wish i had never met him! i wouldnt be feeling this now then would i?
  • Options
    Aww Hugs

I know it wont help you out now but you really are better off without him.

Try and meet up with friends and do stuff. anything! Just try not to be alone right now because that's when it hurt more!

When you next meet a boy you like take it slow and don't get so attached! You need to be able to cope on your own first before you get attached to any more bf's.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Aww Hugs

I know it wont help you out now but you really are better off without him.

Try and meet up with friends and do stuff. anything! Just try not to be alone right now because that's when it hurt more!

When you next meet a boy you like take it slow and don't get so attached! You need to be able to cope on your own first before you get attached to any more bf's.

I agree although its gonna be difficult trusting anyone else now!
  • Options
    *hugs*

He didnt deserve you, and you didn't deserve to be treated like that. I'm sure you will meet someone much nicer who actually acts like they care about you.
    I know it will be hard at first but i jope you realise it will be better in the long run :) Go out with your friends and try to have a good time, just don't waste anymore time on him.
  • Options
    Im determined to forget the vastard im going out tonight and gonna pick up some gorgeous bloke a few 1 night stands and sex ill get over him :D

I MEAN IT!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Its all a learning experience, and its not your fault if hes an idiot.
    Exactly. You said he WAS really sweet etc, so you obv had some good times while he was like that. Think of that and go find someone who can treat you like that all the time!

We've all been with horrible blokes, I know I've had my fair share of guys who are nice when they want that certain something and then act the complete opposite when they've got it. :rolleyes: You will find someone nice soon enough though :)
  • Options
    I went out last night i have a new 'boyfriend' but i want to take it REAL slow it is not Gary and never will be he is so different i dont feel i can get serious with anyone else again! I do like him quite a bit but still love Gary it will take a while to love this guy! What do i do i nee to move on!
  • Options
    maybe you should take time out, you dont need a new boyfriend, even though he may be there to support you, it isnt fair on this new guy if you are just using him for emotional support whilst leading him on to believe there may be more (that used to be a crime in the olden days)

but if you properly like this guy, the only way to get over Gary is just take things slow, and dont hold on to him. Let steam off, but be aware of your feelings, you shouldnt lie to your new boyfriend, but dont lie to yourself, make sure you are over him before you move on.