Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drunk and Stupid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Erm... I feel so ashamed. Last night I got drunk, not really drunk but I had enough to make last night a blurry memory but I was really stupid and slashed my wrist, scared the shit out of one of my friends and I think argued with another:S I've apologised but I'm still worried about what I said and I keep doing it and I don't know what to do, everytime I apologise to my friends and say Sorry I was drunk but thats still doesn't change what I've said and seeing as I cant remember it really worries me:( All I can remember is lying on my bed with a razor blade, tissues, trying stop getting blood anywhere. I always get even more depressed than normal and it really sux because I tend to do really stupid things, I don't know what to do because I really can't stand doctors:S I mean REALLY can't stand them, any ideas would be welcomed
thnx
xxx

Comments

• Options
    Just blame it on the drink.
  • Options
    That sounds like an all too familiar situation..I've been there and done that and I can tell how shit you're feeling. OK, so you hate doctors, but realistically theyre the only people who can help. That is if what you did happens often. If it was a one off then I doubt the doctors will do anything but just be careful in future and make sure its not the start of a downward spiral. If it is a regular occurence then please go to the doctors. They can refer you to counsellors if thats what you need. If alcohol's your main problem (i'm sure there's fact sheets on this site...dont know how to link) then you could get in touch with the alcohol advisory service. My doctor referred me to them and they were really good; I had a counsellor for a couple of months who referred me to a psychiatrist who is excellent. PM or e mail if u need to talk. take care
  • Options
    PinkFeatherBoa is right and I'm sure the cutting is a regular thing as I remember you and notice you a lot on this forum.
    Go visit the doctors as they could be some help. Sometimes they aren't but there are more options I'm sure. The doctor is the best one to see as a first step.
    I've been pretty similar to you. It will probably happen again but I went to the doctors. Just try it. You may not be able to stand doctors but they may be able to help you and if they don't then it's over and you try the next thing.
    If you ever want to talk then PM, email or chat to me on msn. If you want to add me then just PM me and I'll give you my hotmail thing.
    Look after yourself. x
  • Options
    thnx for your advice. it's looks like i'm going to have to face reality and go and see my doctor:( and yeah it's happened before I get drunk and suicidal depressed which is never good.but the cutting is regular,my friends are trying to help me but i don't know........they don't really understand and seem to take things I say too personally and misunderstand.
    thanx
    xxx
  • Options
    Yeah, I know how you feel with all of that. I won't go into all of it but with the friend thing, well, I have two friends who understand that just because I'm happy one day or seemlingly so doesn't mean I'm magically ok. The rest think that I'm messing about or am fine or that it's just about some guy. They just don't understand or think that I've fallen out with them all the time if I'm quiet or moody. I guess some people understand and others don't but it's good that your friends are trying though. At least you know that they are there for you :) even if they don't understand or don't know how to help.
    Don't look at going to the doctor as a negative thing. They may be able to help you. :) Try to put a positive spin on it no matter how hard that may be.
    Try to make an appointment soon, hun. :)
    Let me know how everything goes and if you need anyone to talk to I am always here. :)

x
  • Options
    the thing is that if i go to the doctors i will have to tell my parents, regardless of patient confidentiality it will have to happen. and my doctor is a complete insenstive prick, trying to be positive is kinda hard.
    xxx
  • Options
    Why would you *have* to tell them?

Why not ask for a different doctor?
  • Options
    Village surgery- 2 doctors both are not very sympathetic
    No way to get there other than parents
    If the doctor said I had to go see a counsellor ( which i think they might considering i slashd my wrist a couple times) then they would have to knw. Or if the gave me pills, I'd have to tell my parents. And the nurses at the surgery are friendly with my mum meaning they would probably say something even if they didnt mean to. Do you see what i'm saying? They would have to know, drunken suicide attempts wouldn't be taken lightly and the doctor would probably insist my parents knew:(
    xxx
  • Options
    Can you not get other transport? A bus or a taxi?
    The nurses etc are forbidden from telling your parents I'm sure. Patient confidentiallity means they cant say a word. My dad phoned my doctor and when I went to see him of my own accord the doctor reminded me he isn't allowed to say a word to my parents. The doctor can't insist you tell them. He can suggest it but he can't make you. It is ultimately up to you.

It probably would be a good idea to tell your parents at some point though. They would be worried but probably would want know what you are doing and help in some way.
  • Options
    I really don't want to tell my parents but I think I might try and go and see my doctor, who knows it might help.
    thnx xxx
  • Options
    I hope things go ok for you. I know what you mean about doctors but I hope you cope with going and I hope they might be of some help to you. Love CL xxxxx.