Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lies!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone, I was wondering.... If you make a CV for a part time job at a shop, could you get away with a few white lies? Say an overexaggerated B in your AS levels here, an A in your GCSEs there...

Do they check up on you? Just thought I'd get your opinions before I did it, got caught and made a tit of :eek:

Comments

• Options
    It's better not to lie. There are now services that can check up on your CV details, and a growing number of businesses are using them.
  • Options
    God do they? Shit :nervous:
  • Options
    Best not too. When i ran a shop a while ago and had people coming in for jobs, i always used to wonder why someone with a ton of good exam passes wanted a part time job.
  • Options
    I have lied, but to under exaggerate. In my gap year I needed a job, and thought if I put my real results they wouldn't believe that it was my life ambition to work in a shop. So I put that for my A levels I got CCD. And the interviewer *still*said to me 'you're a bright girl, are you going to uni?'

Don't lie for decent jobs but lie if you need to for crappy ones. Shops don't care anyway, they prefer thick people, managers don't like hiring people who are brighter than them.
  • Options
    Thanks folks that helped. I'm a bright cookie too, alas I messed up on an exam and got an appalling E :eek:. The job I was going for was a Next shop
  • Options
    Originally posted by Baby
    God do they? Shit :nervous:

LMAO! This made me laugh.. :D
  • Options
    I'm still in 6th form working this year to do my proper A Levels. I haven't left yet so it's really a part time job at the weekends and some nights during the week.

They wouldn't check on that surely?

Would they? :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    I'm still in 6th form working this year to do my proper A Levels. I haven't left yet so it's really a part time job at the weekends and some nights during the week.

They wouldn't check on that surely?

Would they? :eek2:
    stop faffing about and go to school:D
  • Options
    If I'm interviewing someone I always ask them to bring their certificates, just in case they have lied...

Not many other people do this, but I always like to be certain, only looking if I feel a little suspicious...
  • Options
    Dont risk it.

Shit to get sacked from a job you like cause of something stupid like that.

Anyway, why do you want to pretend to be someone else to get a job.

Its a big proud moment when you get your own job on your own merits.
  • Options
    Well im in Ireland .. so i dont know about UK rules but.. yea i dont see any harm in lying a lil bit... like we all have done it at one stage or another.... Once you dont go ova board
  • Options
    I wouldnt bother lying personally.