Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Politics for the Uninitiated

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am a student teacher who will soon be knocking on doors for a job. I am staunchly American. The relatives back in the U.K. are sometimes put off by my views. I say...:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Citizen_Bertie
    Well thank you. I got three A's in the end! dead chuffed! People keep buying me drinks and I'm happy to ake them!

*high fives Citizen Bertie!

Bloody well done! Take the drinks mate, take the drinks.

Hope you enjoy LSE, will you be staying on the Roseberry Avenue Halls? Excellent place to be if you are.
  • Options
    So why hasn't Steelgate signed on to this thread??

;)

I'm (one of) TheSite's reg's who does little else but ponce about and make smart-assed remarks.

I used to post on here a bit but then the whole gun-ownership and Sep 11th thing came up and I kinda bailed out the forum, too many obvious arguments for my liking.

Educated a bit I suppose, but mostly in science which bears little relevance to politics. Don't even know what my political standpoint is, guess you'll be able to tell me better than I know myself.

I'm thinking of returning and perhaps posting something useful, but TBH I'll usually only post in threads where I have a vague idea of the situation or anything science related.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lord of Little
    Educated a bit I suppose, but mostly in science which bears little relevance to politics.

I disagree, I think science and engineering does have a relevance to politics Certainly more than philosophy or art! Its all very well talking about policy and theorising, but I believe we need more politicians who can actually implement their own policies.

Government needs practically minded people who can make things happen.
  • Options
    On the contrary, Skipper, I'd say that politics is applied philosophy, and that to do philosophy properly one has to do it scientifically.