Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

🏆 Community Quiz - 29th, 7-8pm 🏆

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited June 2023 in Community Announcements
There will be a Community Quiz during the support group break!

For those who don't know the format: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correct answer.

Badges and are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the highest overall score. You also get the chance to knock the reigning champion off their podium (side note - does anyone remember who this was from last time? 👀)

The quiz will take place in group chat.

Here are the rounds:
  1. Choose your own topic!
  2. The Mix Trivia
  3. General Knowledge

In the usual way, we want you to write and host your own rounds. Writing means you come up with the questions, and hosting means asking your questions on the night. Hosts also declare the winner of each point in their round (with the mod having the final say if there's disagreement ;) ).

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, reply below! If lots of people are interested, we'll prioritise those who haven't hosted recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen.

You're welcome to host solo, with someone else, or as a group - feel free to be creative!

If you're chosen to host, you'll need to send us your questions for checking by Monday 26th :)
The truth resists simplicity.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Morgyn007 - if you'd like to host a round then that would be awesome! Which round would you prefer?

Would anyone else fancy hosting a round of our Quiz on Thursday 29th? It's really good fun, think of it as your chance to be counted amongst greats like Alexander Armstrong, Ant and Dec or Stephen Mulhern (no, they haven't hosted Mix quiz rounds, but they have all hosted quiz shows).
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    This sounds fun! Can I join if possible?
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    edited June 2023
    Can I do a round if possible? I'll just do whatever is left over.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 @Dancer absolutely! What rounds would you like to host? :)
  • Options
    JustV wrote: »

I'll do General Knowledge if that's okay.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options

@JustV wait no, I don't want to host, that's too much haha. I'm just asking if I could participate? Sorry I've never joined these quizzes so don't know how they work. Is it just like anyone can join?
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

@JustV wait no, I don't want to host, that's too much haha. I'm just asking if I could participate? Sorry I've never joined these quizzes so don't know how they work. Is it just like anyone can join?

same ive never done it b4
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I'm going to join this year but I don't feel like hosting a round as I done one previously. I might take part though as I love the community quizzes.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

Of course anyone can take part in the quiz, its normally run on the group chat :)
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    edited June 2023
    @Dancer that sounds great if you'd like to host the General Knowledge round! Are you happy to write your own questions for that round?

@Morgyn007 it's fab that you'd like to host the 'choose your own topic' round. Are you also happy to write your own questions and did you have a topic in mind? Let us know if you'd like any help!

It would be great if you could both send over your questions to @TheMix account via DM for checking :).

So we do still have one space left for a question writer/host for The Mix Trivia round. Any takers?

@JJLemon18, @libbystrawberry, and @Amy22 - absolutely you can join us this Thursday evening (7-8pm) as a participant in the quiz, if you'd rather not host a round. You're absolutely right that it will be running on group chat. We'd love to see you there.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    @Morgyn007 that sounds fab, thank you - we really appreciate it <3
  • Options
    Oh poop. It's been a bit of a busy day. Can I send my questions to you tomorrow please? Sorry.
  • Options
    Sure thing @Dancer :)
  • Options
    Sorry but I feel I can't do this. I've just had too much going on recently.
  • Options
    Aw no worries @Dancer, it's good not to over commit. :)

We're now in need of a General Knowledge host for tomorrow (you get to write the questions too!) - would anyone like to get involved?
  • Options
    Ah brill thanks @Morgyn007! If you're sure you're up for hosting twice that's really helpful. The mods will be hosting Round 2 so you'll get a break inbetween. :tongue:
  • Options
    Reminder to everyone that this is TONIGHT from 7-8pm. :) Liz and Laura will be modding and hosting The Mix trivia, and @Morgyn007 will be hosting the other two rounds.

Community Quizzes are a fun time so please come along!
  • Options
    For those who don't know the format: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correcBadges and are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the highest overall score. You also get the chance to knock the reigning champion off their podium (side note - does anyone remember who this was from last time? 👀)

The winner from the last quiz was me. :) I realised that we actually forgot to put the results up.
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    For those who don't know the format: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correcBadges and are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the highest overall score. You also get the chance to knock the reigning champion off their podium (side note - does anyone remember who this was from last time? 👀)

The winner from the last quiz was me. :) I realised that we actually forgot to put the results up.
    Ah that sounds right! You're the person to beat then @Dancer. :tongue:
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    Reminder to everyone that this is TONIGHT from 7-8pm. :) Liz and Laura will be modding and hosting The Mix trivia, and @Morgyn007 will be hosting the other two rounds.

Community Quizzes are a fun time so please come along!

yayy go @Morgyn007 <3
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    We're open! Kicking off in 10 mins or so: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat
  • Options
    So sorry I missed the quiz tonight, I am very forgetful lol
  • Options
    @JustV Hey! You don't have to embarrass me publicly like this :sweat_smile: (Jk it was really fun!)