Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

🟢 Support Group Break (Monday 19th - 29th June) 🟢

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
edited May 2023 in Community Announcements
Hello everyone!

A few times a year we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running support groups (formerly known as group chats). We use these periods as a chance to gather community feedback, reflect on how things are going on the community, and look at anything we might want to work on.

For this next break, which may be feeling quite close to the last one we had in April, we will be focusing on training some new moderators to join the wonderful mod team. Around this time of year, we tend to see many of our volunteers take time off while they focus on exams or have well-deserved breaks so it's a good time for us to begin training new volunteers.

It's also a good chance for staff and you, our community, to take a breather. If you use support groups often, breaks are a good opportunity to try new services and expand your support network. :)

When's the next break?
Our next break this year will be from Monday 19th June-Thursday 29th June. The usual support group schedule will resume as normal on Monday 3rd July.

Is there a Community Quiz?
Yes! More info on this to come in a separate announcement. :)

Where can I go instead?
If you'd like some quick, live support while support groups aren't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one services. You can get in touch in three ways - phone, webchat and email. Call for free on 0808 808 4994, from 3pm-midnight. The boards will also be open as normal.

If you're at breaking point, our Crisis Messenger is also open as usual. Text THEMIX to 85258. You can also head to this thread to find more crisis options if you need urgent support.

If you want somewhere like General Chat, you can always head over to general chit chat or take a look at Anything Goes and Travel & Free Time.

Questions? Drop them below :)
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    Will the Thursday support circle still be running during chat break? I know that it did during the last chat break although it did take a break for one of the weeks.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2023
    Let me check on this one for you @Dancer (and anyone else wondering!) - I'll report back. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    Mike wrote: »
    Let me check on this one for you @Dancer (and anyone else wondering!) - I'll report back. :)

That would be great thank you.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    probably the worst possible time for a break for myself but I get it ah
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Mel_ wrote: »
    probably the worst possible time for a break for myself but I get it ah
    Hugs @Mel_ :( I know things are tough for you and the timing here isn't the best.
    Dancer wrote: »
    Will the Thursday support circle still be running during chat break? I know that it did during the last chat break although it did take a break for one of the weeks.
    It looks like we'll be pausing Circles @Dancer @Morgyn007, but if that changes we'll put up an announcement so everyone is aware and can sign up. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    edited June 2023
    Hey everyone just to update you all, we'll be continuing to run our Thursday Support Circle sessions for survivors of sexual violence during chat break week so this will be on Thursday 22nd June and Thursday 29th June.

If you'd like to find out more about these chats and how to sign up, we've put together a thread with more information :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤